AT&T Improves 3G Mobile Broadband Coverage in New York & New Jersey

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Improves 3G Mobile Broadband Coverage in New York & New Jersey

We have some good news for AT&T’s iPhone customers in New York, New Jersey and Long Island. AT&T has announced that they have strengthened its 3G mobile broadband network in these areas, which should improve the connectivity, performance and enhanced in-building wireless coverage. AT&T has issued the following press statement:...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lisnak
    Lisnak Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Not a difference at all. I work in Midtown Manhattan and live in the suburbs in Rockland County and my download speeds in Midtown are still under a quarter of what they are in Rockland County.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I absolutely see a difference. I live in central Jersey, and I never had a good signal at my house - always Edge, and not very strong. In parts of the house I couldn't make a call at all. OK, so I'm out in the sticks. But within a mile I'd see 3G.

Maybe a week ago I started seeing 3G at the house, and a strong voice signal as well. So *somethings* improved.

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

My calls always drop when I walk home from work (in Midtown) around 30th street. It happened yesterday, and it will probably happen today. Obviously, I see no difference.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

It may help if you reset the phone to get the effects of the update.

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I noticed a difference yesterday, definitely. I never had 3G service at my job until yesterday. I even noticed that in a normally blacked out back room now has 3 bars of 3G service!

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'm two blocks from Times Square and had a call that dropped 9 TIMES today!!

CLASS ACTION SUIT DESIRED!!

• iphoneguy
    iphoneguy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

What about the rest of us?

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

- Update: I was in NewYork today. Calls where dropping frequently. In fact, I can see full coverage on my iphone but still calls were droping. Most of the times I could see cases of voice breaking. NO improvement AT&T. Try hard again!

• DeadCell
    DeadCell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I wish they would stop doing this for the people who already have it, and start using the money I pay them to actually get the service going in other places. I live in a really rural place though, so I doubt I'll ever get 3G here.

We don't even get high speed internet here though. You have a choice of dial up, or satellite internet (Hughes Net, which is what I am on. It is a LOT slower than dial up, but at least it doesn't tie up the phone cords. They give you a download limit of 300 mb a day, but that is laughable. I doubt you would have time to download more than 50 in a day).