Apple Responds: "We do not Agree with All the Statements Made by Google"

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Responds: "We do not Agree with All the Statements Made by Google"

Apple has responded to Google’s claim that Apple had rejected Google Voice application from the iPhone App Store. They have fired back that they don’t agree with all the statements made by Google and they've reiterated that the Google Voice application was not rejected. Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris has responded...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ezmac
    ezmac Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

We'll see how these two TITANS wrestle it out. The main culprit is AT&T though...

• Mikes
    Mikes Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I love my iPhone...but I'm growing to hate Apple.

• Leroy Sunset
    Leroy Sunset Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I love my iPhone, but I hate Apple.

The fact that they treat me like a retarded child is annoying. They think they know what's best for the consumer... I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. Let me decide what's best with MY hardware that I paid for.

Once there is a decent Android phone NOT made by HTC (with or without Flash), I'm jumping ship. Essentially, all I care about is fast mobile internet and a good browser, and the iPhone is still in the lead on that front. I could care less about fellating Apple fanbois or AT&T's excuses about MMS, tethering, and why I need to pay $30 a month for text messaging when I already pay $30 for unlimited data. I'M SORRY, AREN'T TEXT MESSAGES DATA?

Boy, I wonder why they rejected Google Voice? Competition perhaps? It's so transparent it's a little pathetic.

Hopefully Google serves up Apple and AT&T a legal asswhooping and makes them look like the lying fools they are. I think Google might be the only thing out there that can.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Thanks for putting into words what I didn't care enough to. I regret giving an Apple product a chance. I'll be testing the Android waters as soon as my AT&T contract is up.

• spitphire
    spitphire Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree, i will be leaving the iPhone as soon as possible. Android starts looking like a better option every day.

• Clinton Cronin
    Clinton Cronin Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I left AT&T and gladly paid the termination fee. I now enjoy T Mobile customer service in the USA. Edge is just fine for what I use my phone for and MyFaves and Google Voice together make the best value for Iphone service in the country hands down.

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Just jailbreak your phone and there are no issues. In the amount of time some write I hate apple or whom ever they hate at this point... They could have figured out how to have all features as I do. Thanks iphone hacks as if I USE this site for more than complaining you would have all you would want.

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Im sry for u, my experience has being great with apple and I couldnt love more their products, but thats the way it is, some ppl have good experience and some dont, thats my situation with all pc's I hate pc, but thats my experience, not ures, anyway, relax man, its gadgets made by imperfect ppl, and that includes all, apple or no apple, nothing its perfect, no matter how much u pay :(

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

I think people are voicing the feelings and not complaining. I love the iPhone but I am starting to hate apple. Its turning into a love hate relationship. Kinda like micro$oft.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

To me, my iPhone is a tool, it serves it's purpose well.
    Ok, I'm on O2 (UK) and have a nice 12 month free data package thrown in with the £342 I paid for it. I jailbroke the same day I had it and simply refuse to fork out serious cash for apps like TomTom etc, that's where cracked stuff comes in. Small devs get my money, corporations don't.
    I really couldn't care less about Google vs Apple in an app war, I'm not worried about Android, HTC or anyone elses budding O/S, I chose my phone for what it could do 10 months ago, not what it could do in 10 months time.
    If you don't want your iPhone anymore, sell it, there's many a person would love one at a reduced price. Why go honking on a forum? Not like we care. If the USofATT is that bad, why did you even sign on that dotted line?? If your mentality was "have to get an iPhone" then whose fault is it?
    When my 12 months of FREE UNLIMITED DATA, WIFI etc runs out, I just hit eBay, buy a new iPhone sim and have another 12 months of FREE UNLIMITED DATA. Oh, just to make my pie sweeter, I pay £15 TopUp, get free O2-O2 calls, free any network txts for a month, then use the original £15 for month 2. My gripe? I have to walk to the shop once every 2 months, bloody O2. ;-)

• Brawler
    Brawler Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

In response to text messaging, it's not part of the data plan and is a separate thing. Data plan would be using the 3G service. Text messaging is a whole different system.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I think people need to stop caring about what Apple does. Its their App store if they want to reject Google all day for any reason they should be able to.

I understand people want these Google Voice apps but they do replicate what Apple already has and why would they want Google to come in and "take over" their device? Exactly.

ATT isn't as bad for me, their service is great and customer service is great also; now the prices, well thats a different story.

Just stop complaining about Google getting rejected. The media needs to draw its attention to something else over a DIGITAL APPLICATION! There are people dying and starving right now in 3rd world countries, soldiers dying, innocent people being murdered; but the important topic is: Google Voice.

I'm not no weird hippy I'm just saying.. Apple is doing what they want and I think they should be able to. If I made the "Cody App Store" I would reject apps that I didn't like even if they were developed amazingly.

• Cody said...

I think people need to stop caring about what Apple does. Its their App store if they want to reject Google all day for any reason they should be able to.

I understand people want these Google Voice apps but they do replicate what Apple already has and why would they want Google to come in and "take over" their device? Exactly.

ATT isn't as bad for me, their service is great and customer service is great also; now the prices, well thats a different story.

Just stop complaining about Google getting rejected. The media needs to draw its attention to something else over a DIGITAL APPLICATION! There are people dying and starving right now in 3rd world countries, soldiers dying, innocent people being murdered; but the important topic is: Google Voice.

I'm not no weird hippy I'm just saying.. Apple is doing what they want and I think they should be able to. If I made the "Cody App Store" I would reject apps that I didn't like even if they were developed amazingly.

Your a joke...... Wow lmao

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

i agree. I have owned an iphone ever since the launch in 07 and i live in canada. I love the phone, i currently own a 3g and debating to jump to the 3gs. now the thing is apple is telling me what i want and dont want. so i decided to also wait for a new android phone. plus i hate rogers. why do i have to wait 2 years to upgrade my phone on their shitty network. as soon as sasktel gets gsm im hacking my phone and going with them. And if they get a new android phone im going to throw my iphone through the glass of a rogers store and pay the remainder of my contract and go with sasktel. ROGERS + APPLE = money sucking rejects

• IHateKnobbers
    IHateKnobbers Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Cody, I see what your saying
    Dipshitlocator..was your mum known as 'mum of dipshit' then??
    When she said "you are special" did she miss out the word 'needs' to spare your feelings