Analyst: Apple Likely to Extend AT&T's Exclusive iPhone Deal

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalyst: Apple Likely to Extend AT&T's Exclusive iPhone Deal

iSuppli recently published a report in which it predicts that Apple will extend its exclusive deal with AT&T next year. This is contrary to the reports which indicate that Apple might add new iPhone carriers in the US within a year, thus ending AT&T’s three year exclusive deal for the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I'm fine with AT&T. Had them for quite a bit well had it when it used to be Cingular. But I never experienced a single dropped call untill I upgraded to the 3gs. I never had a problem with the first gen iPhone dropping calls so I guess it might be a 3g issue. But thanks to the iPhone AT&T became strong and there constantly making there network better. It will be interesting to see the faster 3g data being rolled out and how much that will change their network. If the iPhone reaches any other carrier even verizon they night have problems because it uses so much data. But AT&T had to deal with this for over 2 years and there not new to it anymore. They know what's going on and what needs to be done and this just made the carrier better. I will be waiting for it to be available on other networks to see if they will expeirence problems.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

Yo u might be right about att learning something, but their network is just too overloaded i know sometimes with my iphone i download gigabytes of data a month.

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I use massive amounts of data on my phone a matter of fact every time i post on this site or any social network i'm doing it on my iphone.

I have been using ATT / Cingular for years and i would love to see the compition in $$PRICEING$$ for the iPhone service plan. ~$165. is a bit expensive for a 2 phpone family plan compared to other companies. and who knows what ATT will charge for teathering. I had teathering on every smart phone save for the iPhone and it has always been free. I'll be mad if i get charged for it now.

• Nada
    Nada Posts: 70
    via Wordpress

Hopefully they'll get it right before 2012.

" I've got one that can see !!! "
    http://www.theyliveandwesleep.com

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I know compared to my 2g phone I used to like only download 100 megabites worth of data. Now with 3g speeds it's close to a gigabyte a month.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Just so you know, you were not supposed to be using the tethering on your other phones without paying for it. I know it's possible to do it, but your not supposed to.

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I always use the unlimited data packages. so ether tethering was included in that or simply i never got charged for it. Ether way AT&T has never mentioned an additional fee for it.

• iPhone3GS GUY
    iPhone3GS GUY Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ATT has the worst service.

It drops calls like no other, the data sucks. It's really a shame the best phone is on the worst network.

• Brawler
    Brawler Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Tho I do have a 3G (2nd Gen) since when I got it, I have never, ever gotten dropped call. Don't know why people would get them. I never had an issue.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I can't wait for the complainers to leave AT&T so I can get some bandwidth back. For the people who have the iphone who b*tch, no one forced you to sign a contract.,jeez you have 30days before the deal is set in stone. For the people who are waiting for a Verizon iphone, keep blogging and keep waiting. Twin Cities AT&T rocks! 1.8 mbps down, on a 3GS works awesome. News flash..> Apple is making deals with China.. aka +1.xx BILLion humans. Who gives a f*ck about 80 mill Verizon customers?

Sent from my iphone

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

AT&T is an OK carrier. They are a distant second to Verizon though.

If Verizon ever gets the iPhone, I will switch carriers immediately. Verizon covers more fo the U. S. than AT&T does (especailly for broadband coverage).