Google Brings Push Gmail to iPhone Users

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Brings Push Gmail to iPhone Users

Google had released Google Sync in February this year, which allowed users to sync Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar with their iPhone. Google has finally announced that they’re adding Gmail support to Google Sync for iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Windows Mobile devices. This is amazing news if...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris Jennings
    Chris Jennings Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm having intermittent issues. I enabled it within minutes of Google posting it on their mobile blog and it worked fine for a little while. Later in the day I was getting error messages saying mail could not connect to the server. It would appear I was getting emails even though I got the error message at times though. Hopefully it'll get ironed out soon since I've been waiting on this a long time as well.

• freebacklinks
    freebacklinks Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

great post.. i am waiting for google to support all kinds of smart phone.. even an old generation of smartphone..

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

I don't understand. I've had gmail working on my phone, using the same instructions posted above, for months. The push capability has been there since iPhone 3.0 release. Maybe Google just started supporting Push instead of letting the default Fetch take place???

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, it can be a little confusing.
    As you might know, under Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendar->Fetch New Data,
    you had the option to set the frequency at which you wanted new emails to be
    retrieved. If you had set this to retrieve manually, the only way to find
    out if you received new email was to launch the Mail app.

But with Google adding Gmail support to Google Sync for iPhone, you'll get
    an alert as soon as you get a new email without opening the Mail app.

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Anyone else noticing issues?

• Rene
    Rene Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Yes, I'm using 3.1.3 and it was working fine untill last week...everything is working fine except GMail...

I can't find a solution so far so I hope someone can help us out!