AT&T Starts Trial of 3G MicroCell Service; Should Users Pay Extra For It?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Starts Trial of 3G MicroCell Service; Should Users Pay Extra For It?

Engadget is reporting that AT&T has started a “public trial” of 3G MicroCell service in Charlotte, North Carolina. The 3G MicroCell service will allow wireless subscribers to utilize their home Internet connection for enhanced voice and data coverage. AT&T is the last of the big 4 U.S. carriers to offer...

Read the full story here

Comments

• bastian gatten
    bastian gatten Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

screw that. Ill take one. But im not paying extra to use my internet to make a phone call so they can free up their 3g network. If they didn't charge extra a month id sign up for one.

• belikeike
    belikeike Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Yeah what a crock... AT&T still has no 3G service in my area and I managed to talk them down from $30 to $20 a month for my 3G[S] data plan. I would again demand a reduced rate if I had to resort to this MicroCell "service" just to get better coverage. AT&T is very responsive when you threaten to unlock your iPhone ;D

• Dwain
    Dwain Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

screw that!!!!

we are pay to mush as it is and they should provide this as part of any standard plan...

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Wait, what does unlimited use mean? Use the MicroCell for an unlimited amount of time? Or, if you are using it, the phone you are using it doesn't get clocked for minutes while using the MicroCell and not the overall network?

If the former, you are still getting charged minutes, this sucks. If the latter, awesomesauce for people who use the cell as their primary phone and want to use it at home.

• Osama@yahoo.com
    Osama@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Looks to like another way to rape there subscribers who are already paying for services they can't and probably never will be able to access it should be free especally to those in areas that have lousey service and or no 3G service at all. I have been with ATT for 15 years and am about tired of paying out the nose for things they can't or won't offer in my area. So to me just another way to rape the consumer shame on you ATT you money grubbing basterds. Just my two cents.

• BcBuddSmker4:20
    BcBuddSmker4:20 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would not pay or have any part in this it's stupid and wrong
    ur right they should pay us if we use something like that
    in a diff subject, the 25 of this month we supposed to get mms right?
    N e one know how AT&T plans on putting it in our phones? Like a new os?

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

i think it's going to be in the form of a carrier update. kind of like when you injected the files or downloaded one for the mms and tethering hack. this time it will be legal and legit and itunes will ask you to update the next time you sync your iphone on or after the 25th.

• bocaj7777
    bocaj7777 Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

wat if u have a unlimited plan like i do then y would i get something that would just pay them more money for nothing???? THEY ARE NOT THINKING!!!!!!!!

• sentanica
    sentanica Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Man, wondering y is AT&T always Behinnd time, well, we had this for about 2 1/2 to 3 years back in singapore, and yes, they charge us extra S$19. but for unlimited calls and also to any free wireless access point, like mcdonalds and starhub . its overall worth i guess since its only 19, even for landline only cost S$3 for the same function. but nt aa bad move AT&T, well looking forward for our 1Gbps internet all round singapore then. its in upgrade process.. luckily everything is cheap in here.

good day.

• Mettur
    Mettur Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hmmm..... What a great deal. I pay $30/m for TXTmsg, I pay $80/m for voice, I pay $30 for unlimited 3G bandwidth. Now I have to pay additional $20 to reduce their 3G and voice bandwidths?

Can I pay additional $200 to not use AT&T service ever?

This is called AT&T support plan.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

You've said it all but @ Muttur, that was very funny but i like that "AT&T Support Plan" nicely said. Many reasons why i left AT&T a long time ago. THEY SUCK BALLS!!!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

This is horse ****! Just Saying!

• eC
    eC Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Schools or other public places get paid (by carriers) to use their space/land to build cell towers, but we the customers, who are already paying too much for sub-par reception, have to pay more so that AT&T fix their problem of weak/no reception while collecting more money from us? This unheard of a win-win situation is one where both "win's" go to AT&T.

• max@codingstaff.com
    via Wordpress

Indeed, Interesting post. I really enjoy reading. Thanks.

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

I dont pay mush...LOL

• RM
    RM Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

YES I DONT PAY MUSH EITHER...BUT I MY SLED DOGS MUSH ALL DAY! HAHAHA

• RM
    via Wordpress

I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS ILLITERATE IS TRYING TO COMMUNICATE...GUESS SINGAPORE DOESNT TEACH ENGLISH VERY WELL

• RM
    via Wordpress

I GUESS IM JUST REPEATING WHATS BEEN SAID. WHY WOULD I PAY TO IMPROVE MY SERVICE OR DE-CONGEST ATT'S NETWORK? THEY SHOULD GIVE ME THE SYSTEM FOR FREE AND GIVE ME A DISCOUNT ON MY PHONE BILL FOR DE-CONGESTING THE NETWORK. IF ANY ATT EXECUTIVE READS THIS. PLEASE ANSWER WHY WOULD I PAY TO IMPROVE THE NETWORK?