Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.2; Includes Fixes And Improvements [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Releases iPhone OS 3.1.2; Includes Fixes And Improvements [Updated]

Apple has just released iPhone OS 3.1.2. According to the release notes iPhone OS 3.1.2 includes number of fixes and improvements such as the sleep issue in which the iPhone refused to wake up, a bug that was introduced in iPhone OS 3.1. You can download and install the latest...

Read the full story here

Comments

• broSki
    broSki Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

well ima wait for geohotz to release the 3.1 JB, then see what he says, I also read there is a carrier update aswell...anyone can provide info on that carrier update, and what it does.

• Skooter247
    Skooter247 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I just recently upgraded to 3.1 on my 3GS and now at nite my phone wont ring or vibrate for incoming calls/txts/new mail. It still shows up on the screen and my sounds still play for everything else..... so is this from the 3.1 or from the jailbreak? I had it jb'ed at 3.0 and it never gave me an issue at all....

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I'll be one of the one's waiting for the brainy ones to yell 'safe' before I make ANY moves

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

I would typically update right away - but not after the cluster F--- of 3.1 I'm going to JB my phone!

• ital80nyc@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Any advice for Jailbroken iPhones guys??

• huff
    huff Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

There's just too many updates and having to wait for the new jailbreak each time. It's starting to become a pain and might be time to quit jailbreaking.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I quit jailbreaking for a while.

Since the release of 3.1 I find myself questioning myself as to if I should keep jailbreaking. It has everything I want EXCEPT for customizing my desktop wallpaper. That's one thing I really like to have and themes for icons so basically Winterboard/Boss Paper stuff.

Also I like backgrounder. So if those are ever available then bye bye jb. Although I presume that neither will be especially running apps in the back (listening to pandora radio) but the quik SMS really helps also!

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

dev team hasn't even release tools for windows yet & now 3.12 is out.Why is there a delay in releasing a newer version of redsn0w for 3.1? I guess I'll wait for geohotz's sn0wbreeze instead.

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

I'm with you. I'm getting mighty tired of waiting for the Windows jailbreak. The dev team released the Mac one over 3 weeks ago, and they still haven't even made a peep regarding an update to redsn0w. In fact all they have said is that they aren't working on a Windows Pwnage Tool, and to not bug them about redsn0w! I mean I understand that the iPhone is obviously an Apple product, so their OS should come first, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should have to wait for months on end simply because we chose PC over Mac!

• akabucha
    akabucha Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

wow..
    another update from Apple.

i am still disappointed with Apple regarding the 3.1 update.
    I have a brand spanking new 3G S,
    but the battery LITERALLY DRAINS to 0% in a matter of hours n im not even using it extensively, just to check email once in a while. And that random shutdown thing is really starting to piss me off.

i finally did it.
    i sold my new 3G S to some guy in craigslist, then used the money to get another 3G S that still had the 3.0.1 OS.

i doubt this "3.1.2" update will fix the issues from 3.1

as for now, i am HAPPY with my 3G S jailbreaked and Unlocked in the 3.0.1 software

• M'bud
    M'bud Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I must say Ive been haveing a series of bad luck strikes.. 1st one was the day before 3.1 OS was released and i had just started reading about jailbreaking and unlocking but didnt get far enough to learn about the whole dont update ur OS cuz then youre gonna have to wait for the next version of PwnageTool or redsn0w..

and then the day before yesterday finally got my friends mac to do it and got the error 1601 but successfully jailbroke my iphone. couldnt believe I finally did it but then the 3g internet connection started failing over the next day and a half till i HAD to use wifi for internet connection:/ so i went to my pc and was just gonna restore it and rejailbreak the next day but guess what OS version 3.1.2... hope the Dev-Team keeps to their word and come out with the next PwnageTool or redsn0w, or else looks like theyll be out of a job:/

• M'bud
    via Wordpress

I must say Ive been haveing a series of bad luck strikes.. 1st one was the day before 3.1 OS was released and i had just started reading about jailbreaking and unlocking but didnt get far enough to learn about the whole dont update ur OS cuz then youre gonna have to wait for the next version of PwnageTool or redsn0w..

and then the day before yesterday finally got my friends mac to do it and got the error 1601 but successfully jailbroke my iphone. couldnt believe I finally did it but then the 3g internet connection started failing over the next day and a half till i HAD to use wifi for internet connection:/ so i went to my pc and was just gonna restore it and rejailbreak the next day but guess what OS version 3.1.2... hope the Dev-Team keeps to their word and come out with the next PwnageTool or redsn0w, or else looks like theyll be out of a job:/

• PA
    PA Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

And you also chose an Apple phone over a Windows Mobile device. I went out and bought a MAC after my iPhone just to get JB faster lol. Or buy a PC or netbook and make it a MAC. Did that also got a macbook and a hackintosh.

• PA
    PA Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

All you windows guys have to do is ask someone with a MAC to make you a restore file.

• M'bud
    via Wordpress

I couldnt restore without downloading and installing the new OS, I'm not sure about restore files.

• M'bud
    via Wordpress

I couldnt restore without downloading and installing the new OS, I'm not sure about restore files.

• karim
    karim Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

For all windows users - just download a custom 3.1 firmware from mininova and restore through itunes. I did that and have a 3.1 3GS jailbroken, and have never touched a Mac.

• Don
    via Wordpress

for the 3.0, they came out with redsn0w quiet fast....3.1 no news....3.2 will there be any good news from them? I also agree with you I too and getting tired of waiting.
    If they come of with the new redsn0w,I'll just upgrade mine to 3.2 instead of 3.1 since it got a lot of bugs.

• Don
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the tips Karim :)

• Wintermute
    Wintermute Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

My phone also don't vibrate since I've made the update. I've got the sound for incoming calls but no vibration. I'm going to try to restore it and see what happens

• Kevin Putt
    Kevin Putt Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

In case no one noticed, it also fixes the photo bug that appeared since 3.0 (it didn't allow access to the saved photos feature if you had a certain picture number). I was experiencing this problem since 3.0, and it has just now fixed it. Thanks apple!

• Fan
    Fan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Unrelated... but dude, I love your name.

• M'bud
    via Wordpress

Sorta off topic but THANK YOU BLACKRA1N:) very usefull once I got it to work. But if I make a backup of my iphone while jailbroken and for some reason want to restore it and want it back to normal, will the last (jailbroken) update put cydia back on or will it be normal and not jailbroken?

• M'bud
    via Wordpress

Sorta off topic but THANK YOU BLACKRA1N:) very usefull once I got it to work. But if I make a backup of my iphone while jailbroken and for some reason want to restore it and want it back to normal, will the last (jailbroken) update put cydia back on or will it be normal and not jailbroken?

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

YOU CAN NOW JAILBREAK AND UNLOCK USING BLACKRA1N. BLackra1n.com