Rogers' Monopoly Comes to an End - Bell and Telus To Sell iPhones in Canada

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRogers' Monopoly Comes to an End - Bell and Telus To Sell iPhones in Canada

After the network monopoly for iPhones came to an end in UK , it is now the turn for Canada to be in the limelight. After serving as the sole network carrier for the iPhones in Canada for over a year, Rogers Communications, the largest Communications company in the country...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Minussadbuttrue@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

If the network proves to be reliable (Rogers is comperably good, I was on t-mobo and AT&T in the states, which is ****) then I would terminate my voice (keep the 6gb data plan for 3g stick) and grab a pay a you go plan from bell with a small data plan that I'll only use on my iPhone.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

I been looking for a phone for two months now. I been looking at the palm pre but I can wait for the iphone. This news makes my day.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I say rogers is still the way to go for the iphone. Most of my friends on the bell and telus networks have little or no bars in class, while my rogers iphone always has full bars. So if there service still sucks I don't think to many people will pay up 80 bucks a month for a S***y network.

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

I've got two friends at Telus who now will swith to iPhone on their current network. Great news.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Hate Rogers or Fido but have to agree at the moment their 3G service is excellent. I have signal on my iphone when most of my friends barely have one bar. Will have to wait and see how good Bell and Telus are before I decide to switch.

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Agree with John, Hate Rogers since they are money-grabbing monopoly bastards. Nevertheless they do have the best coverage and considerably fast 3G speeds.

• Keiran
    Keiran Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I don't think that I will leave Rogers. When the iPhone 3G was released in Canada I left Bell and flocked to Rogers as any true fan-boy would. I think it will be most interesting to see not only the speed and quality of this new 'joint' network. But to also see that kind of price push this puts on Rogers. For YEARS!, Canada has gotten the back end of all technological based deals. We are always last for newest tech, and our prices are among the highest in the world. (For example we are just getting multiple GSM networks in Canada) I just have one thing to say, Thank you Apple. You are slowly changing the tech scene for all us Canadians.

• RAM
    RAM Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Awsom, I cannot wait to replace my Samsung i910 with this. I had a iPhone ewith rogers but they tried to rip me off so I had to move to bell, now I can finaly have my iphone back...

reisezubehor

• nintendo r4
    nintendo r4 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am totally agree with you john,I am suggesting to all mobile lovers they have to use i-phone a single time.

• Entertainment
    Entertainment Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I-phone is the best phone forever i used..