O2 "Not Decided" On Letting Customers Unlock their iPhone After Contracts End

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageO2 "Not Decided" On Letting Customers Unlock their iPhone After Contracts End

The happiness of the early iPhone adopters from the UK over the end of O2 exclusivity that was announced last month in their country could be short lived. In a statement released by O2, the company is yet to decide whether or not to let their iPhone customers unlock their...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

There is no way for O2 to convince me to stay at their network if they won't sell new iPhone, except if they will keep an extraordinary reliable service for me to use (in this case I must say the unlimited data plan is the one, if they will ever think to charge for it then I am out!). As for keeping the iPhone jailed, well this is going to be a big mistake and I think even Apple will not let them keep the old phones jailed for long. They will soon allow unlocking on demand, maybe they will charge a small fee for it but it got to happen soon, and I think they will allow it only for users who's contracts are going to expire and who are not willing to stay with O2 any more.

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

I've been with O2 ever since they started out so I will be sticking with them unless they stop selling the iPhone but would be nice to have it unlocked officially. Mines 3g is jailbroken because Apple fail to let developer produce good utils which enhance the fuctionality of the phone like intelliscreen ect.