iPhone OS 3.1.2 Fixes Random Shutdown or Coma Mode Issue Observed in iPhone OS 3.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 3.1.2 Fixes Random Shutdown or Coma Mode Issue Observed in iPhone OS 3.1

iPhone users were facing many issues after upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1. It was probably one of the reasons why iPhone users didn’t upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1. Wired reports that Apple has confirmed that the “coma mode” bug has been fixed in iPhone OS 3.1.2, which was released last...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Brian Phelps
    Brian Phelps Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ive never had any of these problems while using 3.0 or 3.1.

• MexiChriS
    MexiChriS Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

weird, i never had any issues with 3.1, plus my iphone 3g is jailbroken... wonder if it was an issue with certain model iphones, like iphone 3gs users for example?

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

After I upgraded to 3.1, I started having the bug where the phone quits connecting to the network at all, but otherwise still runs fine. Only a restart would fix it, but it would frequently take multiple tries, even multiple hard resets, to get it to work. And when it finally comes back on, no applications would launch until I ran an update on one via the App Store (Apple-supplied apps worked).

Sadly, 3.1.2 only seems to have partially fixed this. The radio connection still seems to crap out randomly. At this particular moment, though I am in a location that used to get great 3G reception, I now get none at all. It shows full bars, but can't send or receive calls or data, unless I switch down to Edge.

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

IS IT JUST ME OR IS RECEPTION HORRIBLE RIGHT NOW? IM ON AT&T

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

WELL I MEANT LIKE ON THE 3.1 UPDATE

• shenkes
    shenkes Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Since the upgrade to 3.1.2 it has fixed the coma and shutdown issue on my iphone. Thank God it was driving me nuts.

• Yalın
    Yalın Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i am sick of this fw **** goin on.seems i will stay on 3.01 for along time.i dont want a bricked iphone.but i want to brick apple...

• pauldta
    pauldta Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

This **** is use for Unjailbreakers.

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

seems like I'll just stick w/ 3.0... happily jbroke, w/ just the Att carrier settings upgraded. since i'm not in a 3g zone, I stay w/ Edge most of the time... battery life livable... phone works and is fast. screw apple and their "desire" to have me upgrade.

• Edelson
    Edelson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I update my 3G. The coma and shutdown issue on my iphone stop and It is faster. Battery life i will test.

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

Upgraded to 3.1.2 last night from 3.0 then JailBroke using blackra1n. Phone seems much quicker.

• viktor
    viktor Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i have a 3GS 3.1 jailbroken and keeps disconecting from the network, and i have to renew lease everytime i want to use internet, is anybody have the same problem?
    do you know how to fix it?

• Art.Arcinas@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I'm on a jailbroke 3GS 3.1 and have seen none of these issues. Actually I had a 3.0.1 meltdown and this is the reissued from the genius bar. I was a little depressed that I was stock until I made it ra1n!! It works great!

• Art
    Art Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Can a moderator please edit my email thanks

• Skooter247
    Skooter247 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have had issues with the software since upgrading to 3.1. My ring and vibrate would quit every nite at around 11:30 and not work again until 10:20am. I was told that the update would fix this, but no such luck. I spent all day today rejailbreaking and restoring my phone to try to isolate the problem. and I have finally found it. If you are running the Kate program, it will do this, or at least it did it to me. I sent myself a txt after installing every single tweak and app and utility and it wasnt until I installed that one that the ringer stopped. I had manually set my iPhone clock to a time that I knew that this issue would be happening..... so now you know.... I sent an email to the ripdev people, hoping to get a response and update to fix this issue. I did pay $25 for that... one of the few things I have paid for.... well, off to fix the rest of the stuff I had deleted to determine the issue...

• toni
    toni Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

man this is scary im sticking on 3.0 for a while

• ink
    ink Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

The updates always weigh in heavy as Apple does not patch the OS on our devices but reloads the OS. Seems like a rather flip and juvenile comment to close the article with. Almost like you are trying to bait ignoramuses who know nothing about the products and are simply looking for something to call negative and rail against Apple.

• Gator
    Gator Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I am on 3.1.2 and now have been losing network connection (showing No Service) and not getting text messages until I reboot on my on my 3GS. Did not have any of these problems on any prior firmware version. Seems the update broke my phone instead of fixed it.

• YW
    YW Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

How can I downgrade to 3.0? this 3.1.2 ruined my iphone! (and it was not jalibroken)!!

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

@VW. Just curious, in what way has it ruined your phone? Itunes should have restored it after the fw update to 3.1.2 and put everything back in place for you.

An OS (firmware) downgrade may be released but as of now, your modem's baseband will remain at 05.11.07 (will stay locked to your carrier unless Apple decide to supply the patch to release it from your carrier)

Personally, i'd Jailbreak it, there's so much more it can do

• kazuya
    kazuya Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Still have problem with 'no network' after 3.1.2 my 3GS. Arrgh...

• Billy
    Billy Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

anyone know if tethering will be available anytime soon with the the 3gs on 3.1.2.....?

• Jonas
    Jonas Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I have 8GB 3G. "Coma mode" fixed with 3.1.2. No other problems either before or after upgrade.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

I'm still getting random shutdowns with 3.1.2.
    No improvement at all.

• Shadi
    Shadi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Worst update every I had drop calls , I had to turn off my phone to call someone or receive txt or txt someone also the coma thing was bad also it killed my phone :-(

• T-Bone
    T-Bone Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have a 3Gs, not jailbroken. I did not experience any issues with my phone until I did the 3.1.2 update. My phone does the coma thing. I called Apple, they said the have no reports of any issues. They recommended that I visit my local Apple store or replace my phone for $200. I went to the Apple store, they said that my liquid indicator is tripped. I told them that I knew that, but never had issues until the 3.1.2 update. The Apple rep said that my phone probably had a hiccup during the sync with 3.1.2. They restored my phone to the original firmware and told me to use it like that for a day or so to see if the problem persisted and to restore to my most recent back up to see if it fixes the problem. Well, after the restore my the Apple rep, the problem did continue. I went ahead and restored to my most recent back up and the phone is a little better, but the problem is still present. I really don't want to drop $200 on a new phone. This really sucks.

• T-Bone
    T-Bone Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I did try tetherIng when I first got the phone back in June 2009. It gave me issues with my visual voicemail following previous firmware updates but Apple Support fixed that. I wonder if the terhering was anything to do with the coma issue and this 3.1.2 update…