Gartner Forecast Predicts Android to Overtake iPhone In Market Share by 2012

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGartner Forecast Predicts Android to Overtake iPhone In Market Share by 2012

With rapid strides being taken in the mobile phone industry in the past few years, how will the different mobile phone platforms of today stack up against their rivals in the future? According to a study released by Gartner today, Android could well be moving up the table to become...

Read the full story here

Comments

• jaTt420
    jaTt420 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

haha vy 2012.. its not even 2010 yet.... iPhone is BeSt but Att sucks...

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

2012 is the end of the world. LOL

Seriously, I'm thinking that by 2012 there will be another carrier in the U.S. besides ATT. Also remember that Apple plays the quality rather than quantity game. Android may be good and will surely kill blackberry, but iPhone will still be the leader at the end of the day.

Right now there are plenty more Microsoft users in the world, yet Apple is doing great and making progress. In a world with lots of Android users iPhone will do just as well, maybe even better.

And as far as cloud application and computing goes... Keep in mind that Apple is committed to building a HUGE data center in NC. What could that possibly be used for?

Apple may not be as big as Microsoft or Google, but they defiantly know how to make products that people like. No worries there.

That's my two cents.

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Android was a good idea but is false advertisement.....Linux is sopposed to be open source but so far most apps for the phone you have to pay for,.....oki it's not just the apps only thing google has in common with Linux......nothing it's just another crappy os that hasn't deliverd.....fed up of the adverts or people saying it's open source no it ain't your restricted even when hacked.....the apple iPhone more going for it once jailbroken.....and no I'm not an apple fan boy.....I'm actually a big Linux user so you can imagine the android os is a big let down......if there is gnna a big rival to the iPhone it's gonna be the nokia n900

• thruthspeaker
    thruthspeaker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

apple is definitely going to lose that battle due its proprietary approach towards iphone's operating system. jailbreaking etc. will never be more than editing a predetermined system within certain limits. it empowers you to do a lot of things, but it's all just second class solutions. how genious would an operating system be, that is completely open and developed further by people like saurik, geohot and the dev team + all the other talented iphone hackers. no annoying reverse engineering, no dirty code inserations... just a plain and open linux based system. that's the future. the only thing missing is a suitable device, but that is merely a question of time. and i think 2012 is not so far fetched. the day this becomes reality, it'll be the last day that i ever touched an apple product in my life.

• phosphorus
    phosphorus Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

This is magnificent...
    The Term "Deus in Machina" really applies here. It means God in Machine. They get smaller and more powerful day by day!

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

aren't you people who keep your blood-lust going for any device comparable to iphone tired of holding your breath yet?

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

btw I bet my **** this Gartner, whatever the hell it is, is wrong. Android is a piece of ****.

• ethicalBob
    ethicalBob Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

More likely the Gartner study was haxxored by some linux phreakz who want to convince you that open-source it teh roxxor and wanted some fire to post on /. ! (lol - sorry)

• Cameloot.com
    Cameloot.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Competition is great and can only make the market win. The fact that Android is competitive will only make Apple give us more Quality and better service. Game on!
    Cameloot.com