Apple Rumored to be Working With Verizon on New 4G iPhone

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Rumored to be Working With Verizon on New 4G iPhone

As in politics, in business too, there are no permanent friends or enemies; only permanent interests. At least we know it now. If the rumors are true, Apple and Verizon might be engaged in a partnership to test a new 4G LTE iPhone that could be released over the Verizon...

Read the full story here

Comments

• broSki
    broSki Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

if its true I will jump right into verizon,only question is how much will data plans cost.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Will the 4G come on ATT Also
    because i dont want to change from att to Verizon due to iphone.

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

Verizon. But I fear if Verizon gets the iphone, everyone will switch, and Verizon will be the new ATT with a cripple network. Ill just have to wait and see...

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

A 4g phone could come to att but att barely supports 3g so goodluck with that...

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

iPhone 3.1.2 OS kills tethering hack, iPhone Dev Team brings it back to life

ITS BACK........

• William Clancy
    William Clancy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

HSPA+ is the future, plain and simple. Verizon cannot keep up with AT&T as far as speed.

The iphone wont get ported to Verizon, unless apple can get an extremely good deal.

that being said, ive used verizon before, and its horrible. i cant understand why anyone would want it. there whole campaign about having more coverage seems to be nothing more than a ruse. I have never had a point in my life with AT&T that i have been either unable to make a call when i wanted to, or had a call droped. while friends with verizon frequently complain of these issues.

you can use the iphone on verizon now if u unlock it. i see no reason to switch.

• Vishnu
    via Wordpress

But ATT 3G is great in New York
    I did not experience any problems YET...

I have iphone since it 2007
    and have all models

Anyway Thank You for your reply.

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Its very very spotty in california.
    Lucky you you live in newyork lol

your welcome

• Deepman
    Deepman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

William Clancy says
    "you can use the iphone on verizon now if u unlock it. i see no reason to switch."

Really? Umm doesn't one use GSM and the other CDMA.

Deepman

• Jorge
    Jorge Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

If apple ever launch a CMDA phone for verizon , I'm hopping that it would be a dual phone that supports GMS as well like Blackberry Storm it can be used out of the US using a GMS SIM card

• lu
    lu Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I would rather they work with sprint than verizon.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

Verizon has the best coverage of any network in America. So good bye Att.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

after signing droid and getting backlashed by verizon i dont think they will be doing business. as the verizon driod release date get closer each day. there will be more advertisements against the iphone. its just the beginning of droid vs iphone.

• tjm
    tjm Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Wife has a Blackberry Tour and her data coverage is about as good as my iPhone on the house WiFi. I won't even comment on signal and call reliability. iPhone on Verizon in 2010 sounds great to me.

• That's what she
    via Wordpress

I can't imagine using an iPhone on Verizon. AT&T is practically the only company that leaves the features of their phones in tact. Verizon is known for locking many features. For instance, my friend and I used to have a RAZR V3XX, mine with AT&T, theirs with Verizon. I put a microSD card in mine with MP3s and they played without a hitch. I put the same card in my friend's phone and it wouldn't recognize the files because Verizon blocked that feature to force users to buy songs from their VCast service. They always take the OS and try to "make it their own". AT&T usually leaves the OS alone for the most part. They would add a few things such as branding but all features from the manufacturer would still be there. This is one thing I've always loved about AT&T. Verizon would be too restricting. Also, they will probably put caps on their data usage like they do with their mobile broadband service. Verizon is definitely out to screw their customers money wise. I'm perfectly happy with AT&T. The grass is always greener on the other side.

• That's what she
    via Wordpress

I can't imagine using an iPhone on Verizon. AT&T is practically the only company that leaves the features of their phones in tact. Verizon is known for locking many features. For instance, my friend and I used to have a RAZR V3XX, mine with AT&T, theirs with Verizon. I put a microSD card in mine with MP3s and they played without a hitch. I put the same card in my friend's phone and it wouldn't recognize the files because Verizon blocked that feature to force users to buy songs from their VCast service. They always take the OS and try to "make it their own". AT&T usually leaves the OS alone for the most part. They would add a few things such as branding but all features from the manufacturer would still be there. This is one thing I've always loved about AT&T. Verizon would be too restricting. Also, they will probably put caps on their data usage like they do with their mobile broadband service. Verizon is definitely out to screw their customers money wise. I'm perfectly happy with AT&T. The grass is always greener on the other side.

• dRuEFFECT
    dRuEFFECT Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

dude... not one thing you said there is true...

and dont say "ported"... thats not the right word..

• Matthew Trice
    Matthew Trice Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I so highly doubt Verizon will get the iPhone.

• pouka_inc@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

This is most brilliant commentary. While att network is not as vast as Verizon's (I don't need coverage in Montana right now) millions of people jumping the ship to Verizon will only make Att network stronger. The iphone is a goliath and don't think the andriod will be able to slow its roll.
    The great thing about Verizon is that they are managed very, very well. They have no problem saying, "we are the best network and you will pay extra to have iphone data on the best network. If you don't want the best network, go to att or T-mobile." In other words, they will charge as much as they feel is necessary regardless of economic conditions, in order to provide the best service. But Verizon execs don't understand (they are really peaved by this) is why att customers would be a phone over a network. This is the main reason why they passed on the iphone to begin with.
    Okay, I just had to get that out.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

hey guys
    over here in Canada on Rogers 3G is amazing I get about 4 megs on speed test and the future is hsdpa!!!
    23 megs

• discheko305@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

ill go with Verizon... there alot cheaper that AT&T

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

make it happen! i'll pay the termination fee! love the iphone..but drop calls 9/10 times is horrible with att...how i miss my verizon service.

• Larry
    Larry Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Competition is always good for consumers. More options is good.
    My worry is the idea of a CDMA iPhone. It can be done, but what happens to the idea of the iPhone being a world phone. If you can't travel with it, I won't buy. Thinking about how the antenna (largest of the phone extras) makes the iPhone so much thicker than the iPod touch, would we be talking about an even thicker phone that supports both GSM and CDMA??

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

dude GSM phones can't be used on a CDMA network what you smoking?

• Ray Z
    Ray Z Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I've had AT&T for years and own the iPhone I'm from Texas and never had any problems with the the phone or the service some of y'all are saying that verizon would be cheaper when actually AT&T offers the best deals and in fact is cheaper than verizon. The iPhone has many capabilities which mean verizon will find a way to charge people more for services. I really hope that I don't see verizon copy AT&T by getting the iPhone. As for the 4g AT&T will be making the network stormger and faster the conversion should be expected with in the next 2 years and are releasing a new version of the iPhone in 2010. If verizon does get apple to make a deal it would be a better decision to make the iPhone a real world phone with dual compatibilities the choice to go with a gsm or CDMA network.