EyeTV iPhone App That Allowed Users to Stream TV Live Also Via 3G Removed from the App Store

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageEyeTV iPhone App That Allowed Users to Stream TV Live Also Via 3G Removed from the App Store

Elgato Systems, developers of some of the most popular solutions for the Mac had recently released their EyeTV iPhone app. This was an application version of the widely popular EyeTV software which helps to turn Macs into streaming live TV and also be used as a Digital Video Recorder. While...

Read the full story here

Comments

• toni
    toni Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

apple are a bunch of nazis

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

well this is due to the fact that if they knowingly left it there they could get sued by AT&T. AT&T are a bunch of nazis

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

I can not wait until Apple is unshackled from ATT!

I hope that will bring a new, better AppStore for all.

Why would Apple care about bandwidth on the iPhone? They just sell the device, after that they have nothing left to do... except sell applications.

I bet they feel just a limited as we (users) do by the ATT deal. They are in the business to sell products and applications.

It's a shame when service providers (ATT) are ruining a good thing, but this is where where we are today.

I can not wait until the exclusive contract runs out for ATT.

The blame here is completely ATT, not Apple. In my opinion.

• ZonPjer
    ZonPjer Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

In my case - I'm from Europe - this (when you try connecting it via 3G, the app displays an error message - “Live TV playback requires a Wi-Fi network connection”. ) is not true.
    EyeTv app can't connect thru 3G network. At start asks for Wi-Fi. I even tried it with 3GUnrestrictor. Won't go this way.

• Christopher
    Christopher Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Just downloaded and works great no problems on and off 3g with 3GUnrestrictor. I am in SLC.

• Simon Hania
    Simon Hania Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm running 1.0 on an unlocked (Belgian) 3G on top of the Vodafone NL network using an uncapped/unmetered internet subscription. Watching any of the 100+ cable channels coming from my Mac works like a charm. Sad AT&T has this bad influence even outside the US :(