Jailbreak App to Bring Homescreen Exposé to iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageJailbreak App to Bring Homescreen Exposé to iPhone

Quite a few readers liked the concept developed by Ocean Observations that shows how a homescreen expose feature can be introduced on the iPhone to let users sift through several iPhone apps scattered on their iPhone's homescreen with just a few taps. iPhone developer Steve Troughton-Smith seems to have liked...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

I thought this was amazing until i read the reasoning on why no one would make it. Universal search is helpful :)
    besides it would be impossible to see the all those apps on one page like that..

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Come on Mr T-S, if it's up to your usual standards, it'll be a breeze to use.
    Looking forward to this one :-)

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

come one guys, ya spot light search is easy,
    if your like me and NOT blind and CAN see small icons this is a VERY amazing app budddy,
    if your like me who uses there iphone regulary you know where your key apps are with me ill scool throigh pages real quick and like my finger willl automatically go to the right row for app i want, and i know all the icons for my keys apps, so this would be GREAT, ill be looking forward to donatin

• Valdudes
    Valdudes Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

You don't need to be able to identify a specific icon, just the color pattern each screen creates should be recognition enough.

The screens load way too slow, it should be near-instant or better in order to switch to the farthest away screen in the same time it takes to scroll one or two screens. The whole idea of that is to not simply access far away screens, but access them swiftly.

• Steven W
    Steven W Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Nice concept. But from the video, it likes a little slow to fill in all 11 screens. BTW, will it handle a 12th screen for us who have used the special trick to get it? Just google "twelth iPhone screen" for details. Seems caching screen images could speed up load times. Right now it looks like I could swipe from homescreen 1 to 11 by the time Expose is ready to use. I wish there was a way for homescreens to be 4x3 instead of 11x1. With a 4x3 matrix of screens, I would be at most 5 swipes from any other screen.

• jumbo007
    jumbo007 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

good concept but loads way too slow. The purpose of this app is to get to the app as quickly as possible but from the video it seems it not so ready for public release. But i will definitely keep an on its development.

• broSki
    broSki Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

they should definitely start the app for multi tasking...it looks amazing.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

WAHHHAHTTT?? yo ya mothaefferz r crazy or what? sure it can be a little bit faster but it looks pretty quick to me. u can get to page 11 just as fast as u can swipe to like page 2 or 3..i think its fast enough

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Looks cool and fast enuff for me. Expose is a dumb name tho I will b using Rename on this one!

• majorbb100
    majorbb100 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
  • Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Pointless... By the time I push the button and look for the right page, I could have already just swiped to it. Of course I only have 4 pages, but still, even if I had 8 or 9, this would only save me a second or two. Are we really this lazy? We can already jump immediately to the first page by pressing the home button from another page and also cycle between that and the spotlight search by pressing the same button. And yes, it loads the pages much too slow (at this point anyway). I'm sure we're looking at a very early build here. I think I would only use this if Apple themselves makes it part of the OS. I'm perfectly happy with the current navigation features.

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

Rename is a cydia app that lets u name ur apps whatever u want. But i just read somewhere else that Expose is being renamed Orbit and will b realeased on cydia in a couple days. Orbit sounds a little less homo! Haha

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

if he can figure out how to integrate that into Spotlight, this would be insane!

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Now available via Cydia called ORBIT @ £1.99
    free would have been cool, paid for??? Carry on thumb!!

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Toted with the idea then thought sod it & bought it, quite pleased I did, easy to use, v quick loading

• M'bud
    M'bud Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

looks like a great app, will probably make the search page (for apps at least) obsolete

• M'bud
    M'bud Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

looks like a great app, will probably make the search page (for apps at least) obsolete