New Study Reports 38% of Jailbroken iPhones Have Pirated iPhone Apps Installed

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Study Reports 38% of Jailbroken iPhones Have Pirated iPhone Apps Installed

Our regular readers will be well aware of our stand against iPhone app piracy and we have constantly advocated against iPhone users making use of pirated versions of iPhone apps. But how much piracy actually exists on the Apple App Store? A recent report from iPhone app analytics firm, Pinch...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iphonehacker
    iphonehacker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thats very hard to believe, what apps are they pirating? I use my jail broken phone for pure fun, ssh shell, apps that big brother(apple) thinks I shouldn't have and tweak apps. You don't need pirated apps as there's enough free ones you don't have to.

Apple has already lost the iphone/smartphone market as they are trying to close the holes and if/when they do they will lose 4 million customers as those customers will find a new source , Android!

• Yalın
    Yalın Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Thats so normal.Most of the applications needed by the users are sold separetaly.Cydia completes teh bitten side of the apple.heh.thats so good to hear about apple even i dont courage piracy.

• knowmenot
    knowmenot Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

probably not the best place to post this but its the most relevant,
    im on a****o.us and cast seem to manage to download any of the apps could anyone help me where are the download links. joking

well this is quite a common problem and everyone has probably googled free appstore apps a few times i know a few friends that jail broke just to get the free apps. the thing is most people say "ive just jailbroke whats the next thing" and they go for the free apps. you can't blame anyone for doing it and appulous makes it sound as if people who do it arn't doing anything wrong read the first 3 posts here http://appulo.us/appdb/?page=about

• Rudy bam bam
    Rudy bam bam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well I know pirating is wrong. But I only use it to DL the full app to test it out. If I like the app I would consider buying it if not I'll just delete it. I just want to test out the app to the fullest and make sure I am putting my money on something useful and not feel like I just got ripped off. But then again that's just me. I run pirated apps on my phone but don't keep them for more than a day not I sell them. I just want something worth keeping. That's all

• ThisIsWhatIThink
    ThisIsWhatIThink Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Developers should make trail versions

• JBuser
    JBuser Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So what make you guys think actually iPhone app piracy would be any different from other softwares piracy?
    But the important thing here is the blame on JB devices, more BOOGA BOOGA from CRapple, remember the bullshit about JB devices taking down the whole cellular networks??
    Pircay has always existed and will exist, iPhone applications are no exception to it. There will always be people who will use such softwares, morality have nothing to do with this, it is all about profits. The Bullshit is being repackaged.

• Alex Moreno
    Alex Moreno Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I use jailbreak only to have access to tweaks and two applications Apple thinks I should not have; like a VoIP app I did pay for in Cydia and Google Voice App. If Apple would open more their mind, all of us would be happier and I bet they would grow their market share. I am sorry for asking this, but is this article referring to Cydia Apps?

• A-dawg
    A-dawg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

**** <3
    APPULO.US <3

**** apple and 20 dollar apps
    =D

fucking jews

• E4tH
    E4tH Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

nope its referring to **** which is used to download paid AppStore apps for free. downloading apps on cydia is not pirating.

• SHEREEF
    SHEREEF Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • emmorel1@comcast.net
    via Wordpress

I for one have only pirated apps on my iphone and i could give less than a @!#k what the developers have to say about it. Most idiots are afraid to JB because of their warranty being voided. So little old me is just gonna keep on ripping free **** until someone finds an easier way to do it.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

And 43.7% of statistics are made up on the spot ;-)

Cracked apps from major companies i dont mind (TomTom cmes to mind)

• Yalın
    Yalın Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAH :)well trial versions needed.and i really dont want to pay for stupid buggy stuff no more than 10 i guess.like navigation app...most of them sucks.

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

Sry, but I think that real piracy is to want 15$ for some stupid game, that you can fully end in 1 day...

• ChairmanLMAO
    ChairmanLMAO Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Why would you play such a game? Piracy is just another excuse for being a fucktard. If you like something that somebody else made, you should pay for it, if they want you to...if you don't like it enough to pay for it, don't use it. Pretty simple concept.

By pirating it you're indicating that you like it, but you're just a cheap asshole. There's no moral high ground there.