Motorola Droid Specs Revealed - Is This Actually An iPhone Killer?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMotorola Droid Specs Revealed - Is This Actually An iPhone Killer?

Remember Verizon's 'Droid Does' ad campaign that called upon Motorola's new Droid phone as the iPhone killer? A preview of this phone by the folks at BoyGeniusReport throws some light on what we can expect from this new Android based smartphone. Weighing close to 170 grams, Droid is an Android...

Read the full story here

Comments

• f.com
    f.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the only this that can beat an iphone is a new iphone

• Trey
    Trey Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I don't think the Droid will be an iPhone-killer, but it's definitely going to be better than some of the phones on the market right now. I can see your point about Verizon attempting to potentially dominate the smartphone market in a ploy to partner with Apple.

Personally, as soon as my AT&T contract is up (and the Dev Team figures out how to unlock the newer basebands) I'm probably going to move to another carrier anyway. And in my area, Verizon looks like it's doing a bit better than ATT.

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

i Guess I'll say the same no phone will beat the Iphone. Only a new Iphone will beat the Iphone and I don't like ATT as well

• Gerbil Slayer
    Gerbil Slayer Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Maybe people that dont already have an iPhone can be sold on this new droid. Seriously, I have so much time and money in apps invested in my iPhone, I will never switch to another. Maybe another carrier but never my iPhone.

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

ATT is the worst service humanly possible - I drop a ridiculous amount of calls - its almost unusable.

• Moroni
    Moroni Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Yeah yeah!! Every other phone that will come out it's all iphone wanna be, just like every soda pop trying to copy the real coke. It will never beat it or be the same it's all about what you prefere.
    I love my iPhone

• Sharkbitte
    Sharkbitte Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

The only iphone killer will be the iphone 2010. Period!.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Only a men's warehouse sale can beat a men's warehouse price!!

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Gerbil Slayer's got in one, it's what you've got as your apps that will keep hold of you. What if your favorite apps just wernt available on another device, would you trade functionality for the sake of a new handset. It's a false economy to 'downgrade or go like for like' id only go for the 'can do same but more' handset, I don't want to learn a new o/s for the sake of it. Trade handsets and we fork out cash to imitate what we have now.
    Ok, there's different versions of appstores popping up, but how much have you invested in your iPhone, & how much would it cost for you to better what you have now?
    Apple won't just say ' let's do away with current system and start again' they will continue to build bigger better faster units. The competition will always be there, new phones will come & go, some will stay, one probably will outshine the iPhone, but the iPhone is a revolutionary device that will only get better.
    Bet you still have one in 2 years time (or a version of lol)

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

well honestly i hate verizon it jst ruined my credit there a bunck of low lifes who stole 3,000 dolla from me with ut me knowin why my bill was like that and till this day i have been requesting to speak to a supervisor and they just leave me on hold so i will move to another carrier if apple partners with verizon and abot the droid does i mean c'mon thats another wanna be iphone.

• stynhightx
    stynhightx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iDon't do Motorolas, lol. they suck ass......... ill stick to my Iphone......

• viper131@msn.com
    viper131@msn.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The fix to stop drop calls on ATT turn off 3g service and you will not drop calls.

• Mick Spangler
    Mick Spangler Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Pepsi seems to compete with coke pretty well. I think there's room for two. Especially with AT&T's horrible service.

• lvidal
    lvidal Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I'll say the same thing I said another day: With the same boring touchscreen technology, plastic keyboards, hard-to-use UI, and no app store, nobody can beat the iPhone. Nobody can use the same multi-touch the iPhone have, so they must create a complete new way, until then nothing can beat it. People that buy these kind of cheap iPhone imitations only will find themselves wanting an iPhone after 2 or 3 weeks of use.

If I were these companies if I want a solid iPhone competitor (not a killer) I create a device with everything the iphone doesn't have and everybody hates of an iPhone (unlocked for everybody, fm radio, audio input, bluetooth file sharing (music, ringtones), and a really bluetooth use, camera flash (that works as a light too), free ringtone creator (it's ridiculous to pay .99 to create a ringtone of a song, and more ridiculous if I already paid for that song), more playback controls (balance, reverse balance), a graphical equalizer, and a lot more things, this is only a little few) and that could be a good start. I don't understand where is the mind of the competition is very easy to target the iPhone, but the key is that everything must be really easy to use and at no more that 3 taps of distance.

• huff
    huff Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

iDon't do fugly...

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

no chance! iPhone all the way! I can't stand Motorola, never liked them! And if i wanted a keyboard, qwerty or not, i wouldn't have picked the iPhone in the first place! I like the FULL touchscreen thing! I don't really use the camera, i have a funny old thing called....a camera! for that! So iPhone is perfect for me! Just Apple need to wake up to the things its customers want, ie. the reasons people jailbreak!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I have to dissagree. I think it is a great phone and has a chance. Now I don't care for "keyboards" but do know alot of people who wish to have an iPhone but turn away because of this. One example is my sister who has trouble because of her fingernails. I love the idea of being able to use the keyboard as a stand. I tried watching baseball on my iPhone while eating and couldn't get it to stay still. A 5mp cam with flash? I think if the Droid could get developers to create apps, we could see real competition. Also, anyone care about Hulu?? Remeber it runs on flash.

• Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

ATT rocks here in WV!!! Verizon phones have NO SERVICE in my area!! So there all you ATT haters!

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Thats half true.
    I think if Nokia ever put android on their phones that they would rule the world.
    I would trade my iphone in for a nokia n97 that had android. dual boot of iphone os and android would make life that much sweeter

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Inovation...inovation. Inovation, don't copy what apple is doing! Inovate make a phone that does somethin. That no other phone can do! Every company is trying to copy what is already invented , come up with something that will make me drop my iPhone and I will buy it. Copycats suck!!! Inovation people just like Sony and samsung Sony inovate an samsung copies the idea and makes it cheaper!

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

I have 0 issues with dropped calls. In fact dropped calls are common amongst most carriers not only AT&T. Please do you research before criticizing.

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

Just remember everybody that Verizon had first crack at the iPhone and declined the offer. Show's how much intelligence Verizon execs have. Maybe Apple didn't want to play ball with all that V Crap branding that Verizon puts on every phone.

• kenny
    kenny Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

For one, that phone looks hideous. Two, it's a wannabe iPhone just like every other touchscreen phone out. I highly doubt Nokia will ever create something as nice as the iPhone, but they will probably make a great imitation of it. Plain & simple, the iPhone will dominate & rule all things you can do with one touch of your finger. Verizon just sucks, can't believe I worked for them. They issue out a good salary & employee discount, but they are raping people with these contracts and high bills! They add on one fee to another. With AT&T, I have no problem with my bill what so ever. It's the same every month, if not, then it's a couple pennies less! Plus I have great service in my area.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
  • TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Didn't recognize you as your Avatar's changed lol

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

You may have 0 issues with ATT dropped calls...but most people have experience MANY dropped calls with ATT. I moved off of V to get the iPhone and my service is horrible...so are many others I talk to. face it...ATT Service is far subpar when compared to V, at least on 3g. You can switch to edge and have better luck.

• John
    via Wordpress

Then don't use it. This isn't rocket science.

• John
    via Wordpress

That is one ugly phone...

• John
    via Wordpress

When someone pulls out an iPhone, everyone looks and go "wow"... When someone pulls out that Droid... there goes the 50yr old virgin!