Geohot Releases New Version of Popular iPhone Jailbreaking Tool - Blackra1n RC2

2»

Comments

• Craig
    Craig Posts: 178
    via Wordpress

Blackrain works great for me, installing Cydia works well too. But every time I download a package from Cydia, I get the white apple of death. Its happened 5 times in a row the last 2 days. What the hell is going on? I cant keep restoring my phone every day. Does anyone know what is making this happen? Im using OS 3.1.2 and I have a Mac.

• P
    P Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

it works but every time u reboot or restart or the phone crashes u have to plug it into a computer
    and run blackra1n again. is there a fix for this?

• iDrizz
    iDrizz Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Does this fix the issue i've been having with my personalized keyboards not working?

• vic
    vic Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

**** doesnt work, i did it, i got the message that said my phone was done to please make a donation but no blackrain drop on my phone .... nice one

• larryw
    larryw Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

This kid will do well working for MS. He worked hard to be the first. Didn't care if it was buggier than a Louisiana night sky, the users will test and he can worry about a fix (much) later. Same thinking as the jackasses who post nothing but "first" on every thread.

I learned my lesson. From now on I'll wait the extra day or two for DevTeam's release.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

If i upgraded to 3.1.2 and then did the RC2 of blackra1n, its jailbroken and NOT unlocked, correct?

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

I did that and still nothing it'll tell ne it's runnin and it's in recovery mode but the picture of the guy don't show up just black screen and it gets stuck on the recovery mode I've had it jailbreak b4 n just updated to 3.1.2 not restore can the be the problem or wah can I do to get it jb?...

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

yes jail breaking is the ability to add 3 party apps to the iPhone ie winter board...Unlocking lets you use your phone with t mobile or other gsm carriers..

• pinoiboi
    pinoiboi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i have an iphone 2G running on OS 3.0, how can i upgrade to 3.1.2 and also i want to keep it unlocked? thanks guys

• emmorel1@comcast.net
    via Wordpress

take that apple! we will not go quietly into the night we will stand and fight you controlling fucks with every breath we take! Power in numbers fellow individuals! Sorry i must gotten carried away, but in all seriousness skrew you apple

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

Hi
    My iphone is not working. I tryed to jailbreak it, but it and it worked, I think..but then iTunes told me that "my iphone needed to be updated", stupid as I am, I pushed UPDATE, I did this a while back, like 2 months ago or something, and STILL I cant get my iPhone to be up and running, can somebody send me an email with som ways to fix this? Ive already tried to hold in Home and the on/off button at the same time for restart, but it dosnt work. My email is robi__1@hotmail.com
    Please, if there is anyone out there who know how to fix this, please help me, Iam desperate! This sux

• mcmspark
    mcmspark Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Nope, I just got the phone from the APPL store and followed these instructions, the phone always reboots to recovery mode. Hook up to ITunes always updates to 3.1.2.
    I have tried this 4 times. I have to give up.
    I only had to get a new phone cause the old one did not work. Now all my stuff is gone and all the cool Jailbreak stuff is gone with it.

• mcmspark
    mcmspark Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Are you saying that the screen is black? If so it is probably in recovery, Just let iTunes restore it, and all will be well, no jailbreak, but well.

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

One question. What if my iphone 3gs is already unlocked? and i use this tool. will my phone get lock back or it wont affect?

• Sauron
    Sauron Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

so now if i Have 3GS OOTB 3.1 preinstalled can i use Blackrain RC2 and it will JB my iphone ?

and wifi will work after JB ?

thanks for answers...:P

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

WoW this has been the easiest one i have done

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

Yeah WIFI works perfect just did mine 3.1.2 + JB using BR RC2

• Totally Confused
    Totally Confused Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I want to get an iphone but dont know how to do any of this stuff! Do I want to unlock it or just jailbreak it? What's the diffrence if any?

• Ken
    Ken Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

One question. What if my iphone 3gs is already unlocked? and i use this tool. will my phone get lock back or it wont affect?

• ASK
    ASK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

WHEN I JAILBREAK MY IPHONE 3G 3.1.2? IT DISTROY MY F***EN FONE.. I HATE JAILBREAKING MY FONE

• jaco
    jaco Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just did the jail break it was so easy it should be illegal.
    easiest jail break i've ever done
    Iphone hacks is the ****

• Charlie
    Charlie Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

I finally got RC2 to jailbreak my 3GS this weekend. Thank God I got my 3GS-32 before Apple updated the ROM.

Initially, I couldn't get RC2 working on my Vista 32-bit Laptop. Phone would get stuck in Recovery/DFU mode. I ended up Restoring twice thinking I had to start all over.

RC2 finally did work on my Vista 64-bit Desktop, after I shut three Services down in Task Manager (iTunes/iPod/Bonjour), and set blackra1n.exe as a normal executable (note: not in WinXP SP1 compatible mode as recommended...go figure). Shortly after clicking the "Make it Rain" button (with my iPhone still showing the Recover/DFU screen)...bam it worked. Geohot's image came up on the screen and about 2 minutes later I was running a jailbroken phone.

It took me over 4 hours due to numerous reboots, Recovery restores, and trying on two computers. But, it was well worth it. My iPhone has never had more utility as now. I've got working folders (Categories, CategoriesSB), rotating wallpaper (BossPaper, BossPaper Landscapes), Themes (Winterboard), etc.

This was my first Jailbreak experience, and it was well worth the time. I can't believe I spent most of my weekend installing/buying software through Cydia. My thanks to all. Awesome!

• tan
    tan Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

hi i have a 3.1.2 3gs unlocked iphone but not jailbreak yet,can anyone teach me how to jailbreak?thank you

• KT
    KT Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I have upgraded my 3GS to 3.1.4 through iTunes, and I am trying to jailbreak my iphone with Blackra1n RC2 but no success. I can see the guy's pic in my iphone but after the reboot it shows the old locked screen. BTW, I am trying it on my laptop having Windows 7 (32-bit).

Can anyone please suggest what is going wrong?

Bundle of thanks in advance.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I used RC2 on some latest batch of iphones and what happened was that it jailbreak the phone but once you reboot, it show the itunes logo and you have to run the jailbreak again. it should not be happening ya...any suggestions...

• tvswiebertje
    tvswiebertje Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Ik heb dit ook steeds als ik hem echt uit zet dan staat hij weer in die vervelende Recover/DFU screen dan run ik blackra1n maar weer en dan gaat het goed tot hij weer zonder stroom is geweest of echt wordt uigezet

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Absolutely the easiest jailbreak and unlock. Both processes took a max of 3 seconds the pair. 3G 3.1.2. I have background processes running so I'm able to use one app while another is updating, I have some excellent apps through Cydia. I have a a sim provided by my work that I'm able to use for voice calls all in all I'm a very happy iPhone user.

• jay lou
    jay lou Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

is there any iphone 3gs that cant be jailbroke as of today

• computer retarted
    via Wordpress

my ipod touch 3g is running on 3.1.2 firmware
    i ran blackra1n several times and a screen that says usb connect to itunes comes up followed by a blank screen can anyone help