Nokia Files Lawsuit Against Apple; Alleges iPhone Infringing 10 Patents

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNokia Files Lawsuit Against Apple; Alleges iPhone Infringing 10 Patents

The past two years have seen a sudden spurt in the growth of smartphones; something that has caught the global mobile phone leader Nokia off-guard. In trying to keep up with fresh competition from the likes of Apple and RIM, Nokia has seen its smartphone market share drop from 41%...

Read the full story here

Comments

• getting pregnant tips
    via Wordpress

The damn phone has been out for over 2 years. They are obviously not aggressively enforcing the rights violations they are alleging after so much time. Legally they might be within the time frame, but we all know that companies wait years so that settlements will be higher than ever.

• MMM
    MMM Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Yeah, i hope apple has to send a lot of money to sweden ;)

• d@v.co.uk
    d@v.co.uk Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Sweden??? Nokia are a Finnish Company :-)

• Toqeer
    Toqeer Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Nokia are clearly trying to reduce their reported loss!

• akabucha
    akabucha Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

and why didnt they see to this sooner?

what a buch of losers.

• Left hanging
    Left hanging Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Okay, so what are the friggin patent infringements???? Stupidest article ever.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

If you can't beat them, sue them.

• Rocksteady & Bee-Bop
    via Wordpress

So 15,000,000 * $12.00 = $180,000,000.00
    Sad thing is Apple could afford this... But I'd bet they won't.

And yes, its a slow Friday for news.

• Mandy
    Mandy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Yes please give Apple a Kick in it's fat gob, it deserves it for unfairness I bet it would be doing the same to other company's if it had developed the technology.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Nokia are reeling from a serious drop in favour. Any loss of interest equals a drop in profits
    nokia have taken serious lickings by the likes of Sony Ericsson and Samsung, now LG, RIM (blackberry) HTC etc have joined a domain that was Nokia's early territory
    Nokia handsets seem to have been aimed directly at the business market by their 'off contract, hanset only' pricing.
    Now, Nokia have released their own version of an app store and want a slice of a tasty pie, drawback being, they can't cook their own as their profits won't allow it.
    Nokia is a dying breed in the mobile Market, people (well,me anyway) want 'New' offerings, not the same old same old menu system, boring looks and trying (still) to combine a second rate mp3 player with a crap phone (5800)
    Nokia should retire gracefully from the mobile market, the newer breeds they can't catch up with will win

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I loved my 8820 back then when it was fresh and new. Silver, sleek design. Unfortunately, things have changed and they need to adapt and innovate. The majority want more than what they've been able to offer. If apple did infringe on their patents, I'm sure a settlement will be made. Otherwise, it'd be a waste of time for both sides.

• EVC
    EVC Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Just another non-issue..........

NOKIA is like an animal that has become to big and unable to walk on its own feet, simply it is stumbling over itself. Apple on the other side manages the concept of Small is beautiful" Not having the largest market share does not mean that you are not the greatest (just follow the Apple market share for starters and compare with Nokias over the last year)