No Flash On iPhone? Adobe Says It's All Apple's Fault

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNo Flash On iPhone? Adobe Says It's All Apple's Fault

Looks like Adobe is getting increasingly restless about Apple's lackadaisical approch towards bringing Flash to the iPhone. Now in a seeming attempt to place the blame squarely on Apple, Adobe is taking the issue to the iPhone users themselves. Now iPhone users trying to access Flash content on their handsets...

Read the full story here

Comments

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

I don't know why, but for a nation of consumers, I'd say they're(the consumers) are getting ripped off.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Yet another reason in a long list of reasons I'd like to take my iPhone and chunk it straight at Jobs' face.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i agree another feature apple is keeping from us

• Junior
    Junior Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Someone will likely figure out a way to get the new mobile flash being released next year onto a jailbroken phone. Apple can deny, but the jailbreak provides. Bless the dev team.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

thats y they should say **** apple and release it on cydia.....thats one app i would pay any amount for.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Hmm, well either Apple plans to add this to their next iPhone and use that for a sales pitch or they trully just don't want us to have it. I'm glad Adobe is letting us know who's to blame on this. Apple likes to sit back and not speak when they are at fault. They need to man up and admit they don't want flash because they are afraid webapps containing flash will compete with the App Store since they won't get a piece of the pie. That or maybe they don't want stuff like **** in kids iPods.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Apple is right to worry about a performance loss. Flash runs like **** on all platforms. It's just the nature of how Flash works. However, I don't believe that Apple should have the right to refuse letting us use it just because it's a performance heavy language.

• AP
    AP Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Forget apple, and just put Adobe Flash on Cydia, or Rock App ,and make it seem like it was a leak... thats alll..

• hodder_brandon@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Simple, if Flash is brought to the iphone apple will lose developers or applications especially games that could be created easily in flash. So alot of the content we currently pay for on the iphone, even though its free online I.E. Adult Swims Ameteur Surgeon, and 5 Minutes to kill yourself, first examples that jumped into my head since I just bought the later. Could be made into a webapp and no longer have to pay apples dev costs and wait for paychecks opening the flood gates for content we wont have to pay for.

• Dizi
    Dizi Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I agree, Apple won't allow Flash because, quite simply, they have no control over what can and will be done with it.

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

Given that Applications can be written that can display web pages that use flash, couldn't someone (with more programming skills than me) write a "browser" application that will allow you to simply visit any site and that would display flash?

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

What is it with Apple they are all a bunch of Fu*ktards. I'm starting to hate my fu*kin iPhone I wish I never got one, it is JB but for how long? Then I'm left with a piece of crap.

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

What current phone uses flash?
    Will droid?

Also, I agree and just put it up on cydia.. Wait a sec!
    That won't happen, adobe is to corporate now to go that route..

• RP
    RP Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Yet another reason why I will be at the Verizon store at 8am in the morning to get my Droid. I have had it with crapples games. Flash isn't an option, it's essential. Droid gets it in January, but at least I know it's coming, and I'll enjoy it on that gorgeous 3.7 inch 854x480 display APPLE!!

• danyg
    danyg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ineed the lack of a flashplayer is big con on the iphone. on the other hand, releasing a flashplayer could make the appstore completely redundant. so far i understand apples concern, but who gives a crap about that

• TS
    TS Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

What now no flash for the idiotPhone! am I surprised!

• Dizi
    Dizi Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Isn't it ironic that Apple has become exactly like the company they mocked and rallied against way back in 1984?

And for the same reasons too.

Pure greed.

• mohacs
    mohacs Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • original
    original Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Apple doesn't want to allow it because they see all the money to be made by porting flash games and the like into native applications on the app store and thus charging money for stuff that should be free. Honestly what other reason could there be?

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

dev team to the rescue. More of a reason why to jailbreak.

Apple is too stupid to realize the idea of the phone is FUN. Dumbass.

• IphoneSucksWithoutFlash
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone. I design HTML and flash.
    I can't use my phone to show clients my work.
    When I bought it I thaught flash was comming.
    Now I feel raped by apple. Where do they think we live China.
    1/2 of the web is not there.
    My advise, don't buy apple products.
    If you have iPhone stop using APP Store. Tell apple where to stick it. The best way. Don't give them your $.

• John B
    John B Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Rape is a violent act that leaves victims fighting it for a lifetime. Buying an iPhone without doing any research on flash is nothing but your own fault.

• Chip
    Chip Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I will communicate with apple the only way I can, the next phone I buy will not be from them unless it contains flash.

• rjhkj@gmail.com
    rjhkj@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i hate iphone
    even nokia 5800 has flash

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

I love my iphone, but the lack of flash is an issue. I don't want anyone to control which sites I can visit because they want to control content. It's just a matter of time before the windows and android version are released. If Apple doesn't move, I might just say screw it and pick up a different smart phone. Now that the iPad is release, I can't believe there is no flash support for this product as well. Wake up Apple. Your customers are customers because you offer great products and solve problems. Keep putting up roadblocks and you will lose us.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

It has taken billions of dollars and thousands of wasted man-hours to make Microsoft's monopoly less hurtful and to get them to follow a few standards. That job isn't done, but the next job is already here.

If you hate Microsoft, you have to hate Apple for all of the same reasons. Apple does not follow standards, they deny all kinds of reasonable usability to their customers and they treat their customers like crap. Those corporate actions were not addressed in the computer market because those misguided choices left them with an insignificant share of the computer market. They were left to act improperly inside a very small market, harming only a small number of Apple customers.

However, as Apple gains market share in non-computer markets (iPod/iPhone) with the same closed, proprietary, and monopolistic thinking, they may finally be taken to task for their corporate practices. They have become the "Big Brother" of "1984" that their early Mac commercials used to rail against. Delivering broken products supported by disgraceful customer service, while bullying third party suppliers...sound familiar? Their corporate practices reek. Apple is the new Microsoft; deserving of all the anti-monopolistic government and legal attention once directed at only Microsoft.