Orange Announces Pricing Plans For November 10 UK iPhone Launch

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageOrange Announces Pricing Plans For November 10 UK iPhone Launch

The exclusivity of O2 in the UK iPhone market comes to an end on November 10 when the iPhone will start being available on the Orange network as well. In a recent media release, Orange has revealed the pricing plans for the upcoming launch. There are three standard pricing plans...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I feel a little dissapointed, I was hoping to see a price slash but maybe not

• karim
    karim Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Yep feel disapointed too.. I m gonna stick with my 3G, slash my £35 per month contract (as I always have loads of minutes left in my allowance) and get a Pay As You Go sim card with unlimited data plan... much cheaper...

It's very disapointing the pricing of the 3GS overall.. 18 months earlier when the 3G was introduced, it was much more exiting and the pricing was much more fairer!!

• Carl McPherson
    Carl McPherson Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I feel that this was always to be expected, the only chance of a cheaper tarif now lies with Vodaphone but I belive that they don't ananconce there plans till xmas or early 2010

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Well o2 will be pleased as the only way Orange could hope to win customers from o2 was with a price cut.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I can’t believe what has just happened!

I am now factory locked on another carrier!

My girlfriends 3G has been locked to O2 from out of the box since new but JB and unlocked by Dev team software, was on 3.0. I updated to 3.1.2 via iTunes.

When the phone switched back on it activated in iTunes and downloaded a carrier update, as Orange UK are about to start selling iPhones from next week I believe my girlfriends iPhone is now factory locked to Orange UK as I got full reception and haven’t even ran BlackRa1n or sn0w as of yet! Just tried an O2 sim and now states invalid sim inserted!

Now I’m only going to jailbreak and not apply the unlock. My theory is Apple are going to ship O2 devices and simply change the lock status within iTunes on first activation!

Anyway I can prove this?

I will try my 3GS as i'm on 3.1 JB and soft unlocked also on Orange UK pay monthly. Can anyone else try this?

UPDATE!

Just did the same on my 3GS and it is now factory locked to Orange rather than O2!

Please try this and let me know!

this means Apple won't be stocking different locked versions. Just one handset activated depending on the sim you use!

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

o2 has by far better network coverage here in the UK than Orange, so even if the monthly price plan was cheaper it wouldn't have drawn customers away from o2,everyone prefers better coverage + the internet is unlimited where as orange are only giving an allowance, which in all fairness you probably wont use but none the less its not unlimited as is on o2

• dsijkhfds@sfdds.com
    via Wordpress

Go to the Ofcom website and have a look at the independant coverage charts for all the UKs mobile providers. You will see that Orange is far better that O2, especially with 3G data coverage. Also double check your fair use policy on O2 you will find that there is a limit. Its just not as up front as Orange is being. You need to check your facts before making flippent posts like this...

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Im on Orange And o2 and have been for a number of years now, o2 being my own phone and orange a business phone so I know what the coverage is like on both networks around the UK, as I drive over most of it... so before you start believing everything you read go out and test the actual coverage for yourself, I also use my iphone for sending and recieving a lot of emails with attachments, as well as browsing the internet. I suggest before you accuse someone of making flippent posts check things out properly..

You probably either work for Orange and have a very short sighted attitude to other networks or youve been with them since the early days without ever trying another phone provider.

• themacdude
    themacdude Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a legit 3GS on O2 and a jailbroken 3G on orange, I travel all around london and within 50 miles radius and find orange just sooooo much better.
    In my local area of hertfordshire i have checked on 02's coverage which appears ok but not brilliant and get no coverage whatsoever for over 5 miles a journey i take often. I also don't believe the signal level is correct sometime shows me full but try to call goes to answer machine then signal drops to 1, O2 network sucks and cant wait for orange.