Cellphone Number Harvesting Result Of Obsolete Code - Storm8 Says Lawsuit Lacks Merit

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCellphone Number Harvesting Result Of Obsolete Code - Storm8 Says Lawsuit Lacks Merit

Storm8, the game app development company that was sued earlier this month by an iPhone owner who had accused the company of illegally harvesting cellphone numbers has now publicly responded to the accusation. Storm8 is the developer of popular game apps like iMobsters and Vampires Live. In a recent post...

Read the full story here

Comments

• naftalin
    naftalin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

that's so bullshit what the company is claiming

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

They were planning on stealing up until they got caught red handed. It took them this long to come up with that answer.

• Imobster player
    Imobster player Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Storm responded to this quite a while back in their forums. That response was due to a complaint from a disgruntled World War player. Get real people just somebody looking for a quick buck and to cause a hassle for a company that made changes in its game. Restore the app and move on.

• Zander
    Zander Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There games are quality so I see no need for them to harvest they have constant updates on games a strong user base which alone is enough for a good profit margin for the company I'm apped already so I hope they put it back on for new users

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Obsolete code my ass, they new the code was still there.

They should have said the following:
    "however, we later determined it was more suitable to use the device’s Unique Device ID instead. Once Storm8 was found out to be using this process in August, we though we'd better remove it we won't make anymore $$$$".

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

They are full of it... they thought Phonebook entries were a better way to track a user then the UUID on the phone? BS can smell it from here.