Estimated 100,000 Droid Handsets Sold In The First Weekend

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageEstimated 100,000 Droid Handsets Sold In The First Weekend

The first weekend sales estimate for Motorola Droid are out. As Bloomberg reports, while the number is absolutely commendable, they come nowhere near the opening weekend sales of any of the iPhone models launched in the past. Verizon reportedly sold close to 100,000 Droid handsets the past weekend. The corresponding...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Franky
    Franky Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I see the Driod geting a peace of the pie and I'm sure that's all they wanted. Remember what driod did talking down iPhone was like what a no name rapper would do the jay-z diss him to make himself known, makes ppl talk and see what the fuzz is about. But apple did what all good rappers do and is stay quite and never defend yourself to a nobody. But I must say I love the droid commerical with the stelth fighter jets and the Droids falling from the sky. But other then that the driod will never bet the iPhone. It will always be iPhones tail trying to catch up.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

dont these cell companies understand that 90% of people are in a contract with another company and will only switch when their current contract is up

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Let's not forget the first gen iPhone sold at $600.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

I hope Droid will get much better in the coming months and the phones get moor powerful because I’m thinking of switching. I’m fed up with the iPhone its over rated and lacks fetchers its an expensive toy amend at kids so let the kids have them I say.

• Los1015
    Los1015 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

i disagree wit u, to be honest once u get into an iphone its very addictive and makes u always just stay up wit every new package thats released from cydia, thats an app u get when u jailbreak, it lets u customize ur phone to ur preference. Droid i kno is gonna be a big hit for VZW but for those who bought tha 1st batch of Droids prepare urself to may have sum software probs, VZW has that tendency to drop phones wit constant OS failures or sumtimes they tend to just have reg malfunctions on tha keypads, lights, speaker, and sumtimes have probs wit connecting to make a call. I kno this cuz i used to be a VZW tech and i saw this all tha time, especially on Motorola products. But lets just all agree that no matter wut phone any1 gets or is into, that person chose it for their comfort n their take on wut they will use it for.

• Chris Wade
    Chris Wade Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

I think what most are forgetting is that while there isn't one Android phone out there that rivals the iPhone in sales, there are multiple Android phones out there, I would love to see a number of total Android phones sold. I also wouldn't expect too many software problems with the new Droid phone, as Android OS has had them worked out for a while now, 2.0 just builds on the previous Android OS.

• nonoie
    nonoie Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

I love New technology.....the thing i hate droid? is its not GSM......its still a analog.....most of the third world country uses GSM already, some more than 10 years , but we , are still in analog....thanks to 2 network here they upgraded to GSM....

• Gilberto
    Gilberto Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

You're 100% right!
    Not to mention shortages on supply and long ass lines weeks following their launch day.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

didnnt bother reading your whole post, lol,
    but i much agree with you i find myself not putting my phone down for 90 percent of the day ha, there ALWAYS something to do on it :)

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Hay I realise cydia is full of useful apps for the JB iPhone mine is JB I simply would not have a stock iPhone as it is just as I say over rated and lacks fetchers I bought mine without even holding one fist to see what its all about because stupidly I was under the influence of the whole “mac is the best” crap that’s whizzing around the internet I bought a power mac on the same nonsense but its only when you step back from the hype surrounding mac and look at it with both eyes that you see just how over rated it really is. When I say im fed up with my iPhone what I mean is I’m fed up with Apple I hade to JB my idiotPhone just to make it a “smart phone” that’s why I’m ashamed of Apple but on reflection I can see what Apple wont with the idiotPhone it just a tool for them to make money from tunes and apps they are not interested in making it a truly smart phone so I have to thank the Dev team and the JB app developers for making my idiotPhone smart.