New Malicious Worm Attacks Jailbroken iPhones Using Known Vulnerability

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Malicious Worm Attacks Jailbroken iPhones Using Known Vulnerability

After two worm attacks on jailbroken iPhones, one would have expected the vulnerable iPhone users to have reset their passwords. Unfortunately, a lot many still have had their jailbroken iPhones with the root password unchanged as a third worm attack is now being reported. And this time, it is far...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Plastered all over the net, every blogsite, every infosite screaming "CHANGE YOUR ROOT PASSWORD" and still you get muppets who are either too ignorant or way tooooo stupid to think it can't happen to them!
    these people deserve to get 'Wormed'

• Splangy
    Splangy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Smart enough to jailbreak, too stupid to change a factory password. They are, indeed, nothing but "muppets."

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

If ya got enough sense to use SSH and open terminal on ur iphone and not have enough sense to change the root password, then goddammit u deserve to get the worm...

Common sense people, common sense...

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Do you have to change ssh password if you never installed the ssh application on the phone?

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

No... as long as u haven't installed the app, u don't need to change the password. Ur good

• scha la la
    scha la la Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

4 days ago, my iphone with 3.1.0 , got ikee virus, i managed to removed it and already changed the root password.

right now, i upgrade my phone to 3.1.2 and jailbreak it again. i got the ikee virus AGAIN, ok, i just try to be relax, and try to do the same method to remove the ikee virus as before, BUT, it cannot be remove. i tried many times. how should i do ?

• Huns
    Huns Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Scha la la u need to restore your phone and set it up as a new phone

• Franky
    Franky Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Well after this second worm. It scared the crap out of me. So I did it and feel much better now. It worked like a charm thank you iphonehacks.

• dc1157
    dc1157 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I just believe that Apple and att are doing this to stop jailbreaking. There is no reason for somebody else to mess with us, but att and apple. Good luck to the ones that were infected, I changed my root password and everybody should do the same.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Yes it is stupid that people aren't changing their root password. But this seems like it won't end. I think we need to get the dev team involved and make it so when someone is jailbreaking their device they are prompted for a password that the jailbreak process applies to the root user. If they enter something and forget, it's their problem, but at least these worms aren't spreading around.

• Mikeyxx
    Mikeyxx Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Right, and every PC virus is from Apple, and MAC virus's are from Microsoft right?

It's possible that idiots just want to cause problems so they can feel bigger by seeing how globally their creation gets recognition.

• Dave Dischord
    Dave Dischord Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

It'll make you appreciate ikee and the "joke worm" for bringing this matter to everyone's attention. Who knows the extent of the damage if the thieves would have released the worst right out of the cage.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

Cydia's SSH instructions even state 'You might want to change this'
    My neighbour hasn't changed his, WinSCP here I come lol

• Mangara
    Mangara Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Right, but what if we use r=SomethingElse or don't use it at all, will you still get paid?

Come on! don't dare to infect this posts with your spam....

• The Architect
    The Architect Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It’s an At&t and Apple conspiracy to keep iphone users in place by unleashing worms to keep Users too scared to jailbreak the iphone thus if they do they are forced to restore to original firmware to slave the day. If you jailbreak have enough sense to close the Door behind you.