Sony Announces Plans To Launch Online Store On The Likes Of iTunes

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSony Announces Plans To Launch Online Store On The Likes Of iTunes

Sony has been a significant player in a lot of markets that Apple is into - Mobile phones, MP3 players, computers,etc. However, one major difference between the two companies has been that while Apple is dominant in both the hardware and software segments, Sony has largely been a hardware player....

Read the full story here

Comments

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

They might be laying a nesting ground for a new smartphone, I hope so, apple needs some healthier competition for it's prices to drastically reduce

• Plch
    Plch Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

the company had recently launched a PlayStation Network for PlayStation customers to download games and movies on to their PSP.

'Recently'? The Playstation Network and Playstation Store were launched in 2006, for both PSP and PS3...

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

@Jose, over the two year contract on an iphone yer likely to pay nearly $2400 just on service. How does it make a difference to you if the iphone costs $50 subsidized or $200? Even if you are trying to buy carrier unlocked, does it really matter if the phone goes from $600 to $300? You biggest expenses will always be service.

• ej
    ej Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

yea but sony has been here forever

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

****, I understand what you are saying, I currently pay $168 per month which is retarded, but what I meant was that if Sony made a new product that could compete with the iPhone but for all other carriers, AT&T would have to make a big change in its service plan to keep it's customers.