Video Calls On iPhones Now Available With Fring's iPhone App

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageVideo Calls On iPhones Now Available With Fring's iPhone App

Video calls are now a reality on the iPhones! Fring, the Israel based mobile VoIP service provider has announced that iPhone users can now make video calls with the help of their iPhone app. The company has launched this service for both iPhone and Nokia smartphone users. iPhone users however...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Gilberto
    Gilberto Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I'm excited this looks like it has greater potential for the iPhone I'm sure someone can come up with a mirror concept sleeve and take advantage of this new advancements in the iPhone.

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

lol! Now if I only had eyes in the back of my head. Even if this worked how do I see the person I am video chatting with. I flip the phone over so they can see me then flip back so I can see them...

Hummm

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

This is typical of the iPhone it’s the only thing on the planet that is both technologically advanced and prehistorically behind at the same time.

• toni
    toni Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

lol very well said i totally agree love hate the iphone.

• aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

to me it does not make sense that we don't get 2-way. what if the guy on the other side (on Skype) doesn't have camera? I can use headset and speak with them and they can see me. i bet fring ran into some issue with implementation of outgoing video. extra functionality doesn't hurt.

in either case, it is an amazing app!

• Moroni
    Moroni Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Well I just used the app and it works great!! Good resolution too.
    We all know apple, they like giving the consumer just little by little of their tech. I bought a MacBook aluminum and 4 month later they had a new one with SD card reader, crap I hate it that. Now in the next generation iPhone they probably will put a camera on the front, witch should have on already. But that's how apple works, I hate it but love all their products lol.

• Irha
    Irha Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

I was able to see the other party, but they couldn't see me on iphone, not sure why. I did press the "Video Call" button, but the video didn't start immediately as the other party had to explicitly send video after taking the call, and there is no equivalent button on fring.

• Irha
    Irha Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Just to clarify, I do know that you can't view and be viewed at the same time, due to the lack of front facing camera, but didn't think fring actually only supported one way. It is still useful as a way to send video of something interesting that you are seeing.

• Yex
    Yex Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • TAS
    TAS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The good thing is one can make fring to skype video calls which is a great way. Also, since skype has started beta service for sip , now, the integration possibilities are simply endless.

• EVC
    EVC Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Nobody seems to get it - you just place yourself in front of a mirror and then voila!!! You can record your reflection and see the person you are talking with. I am sure that a sophisticated hardware device is on the way. It will be fun to see who comes first, that or the Apple through the screen camera patented some years ago.