New York And San Francisco Network Performing At Levels Below Our Standards: AT&T CEO Concedes

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew York And San Francisco Network Performing At Levels Below Our Standards: AT&T CEO Concedes

Three weeks after announcing that AT&T has invested close to $65 million in revamping the 3G network around San Francisco, Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility today conceded that the Bay area along with New York were still areas where their network was performing at levels below our...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Alright, time to drop AT&T. I'm not a high bandwidth user, but if they are not going to build up their network fast enough in the bay area and screw with their billing instead, thats the last straw for me. I kinda like the look of some of the new BlackBerrys so I may go with one of those and Verizon.

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Also, not having tethering this late in the game is a bit of a joke. I look forward to the day that I can make a phone call without it dropping before the 15 minute mark.

• Dizi
    Dizi Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

You won't need to drop AT&T. Its not hard to imagine, after the iPhone frenzy is done and gone, and Apple has moved on to other carriers, AT&T will be swallowed up by the competition.

• Steven M.
    Steven M. Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

AT&T service here in Manhattan is just awful. Sometimes it takes up to ten minutes (not kidding) just to play back a voicemail -- the voicemail resulting from a call that I couldn't answer because of the poor AT&T coverage. I won't miss you AT&T.

• Mani
    Mani Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

AT&T was always wack in the bay area... (more bars more drop calls) way to go AT&T

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

Its their own fault...they priced the phone too low just to sell phones without the infrastructure to support it..now everyone and their mother can get an iphone for $49 refurb or $99 new - why the hell would you buy any other smartphone if you have to pay the data charge anyway? They should have left it premium priced and not been so greedy until the towers could handle the workload

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

Jordan I agree with you... I am just worried about Verizon.. Will they handle the Droid's usage in coming years!!

Does that mean: The regulatory guild lines or industry competition will drop their 'standards' and STOP unlimited data usage!!

It really worries me.. I thought Humanity was progressing.. but here it looks like opposite ... unlimited to limited!!