TIME Top 10 Gadgets Of The Year Lists Droid On Top, iPhone 3GS At Number Four

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTIME Top 10 Gadgets Of The Year Lists Droid On Top, iPhone 3GS At Number Four

It is the time of the year when leading publications come out with their Top 10 lists. TIME in their 'Top 10 Everything 2009' compilation have listed Motorola Droid as the top gadget for the year. The iPhone 3GS is at number 4. While iPhone fans may look down upon...

Read the full story here

Comments

• phosphorus
    phosphorus Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

marble cake also the game.
    Need I say more?

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Really? A best buy pop-up ad on every page I navigate. It's really annoying!

Anyhow, Droid listed as #1 just goes to show what a hefty ad campaign can impress upon the minds of the masses.

There are still a lot of people who don't know about jailbreaking and the capabilities it brings to complete the iphone. Out of the box, it's still an incredible device, but jaibreaking the iphone is what really puts it at #1 for me.

• Dizi
    Dizi Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

As if Time has never been biased..

BTW - Yeah, this site has seriously ramped up the advertisements. I'm already on the verge of not visiting this lame-ass website for lack of content value. The ads aren't helping.

• Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Don't visit then, web sites aren't free you ass. But anyway, the iPhone has to be number, or at least It will be again with the 4th generation model

• ex-viewer
    ex-viewer Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What's with the full page best buy ad?

This site has become a lame-ass, fanboi **** hole.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

NO MORE JAILBREAK = NO MORE IPHONE FOR ME
    Screw the bologna apps if i cant tether an customize!
    The service is not thaaaat bad(i live in the bay area and have few issues) charge me more than they are already are and im out though... thats retarted.

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

Iphone is on the way out, when all you can update is speed you're lacking, no amount of apps can make a phone great, the PHONE is still what is important. Android is the way of the future. Plus how can anyone who has an iphone complain about over advertising? If it weren't for apples millions of dollars in ads the iphone would just be another razor of its day.

• DroidNow
    DroidNow Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

@Katsuboi, yes the iphone is a really good device after jailbreaking. The Droid is a really good device as is, and becomes a beast of a machine when rooted! Yes, I have owned both, I must say that I will never look back or miss the iphone.

• MMH 3GS
    MMH 3GS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Really, I bought my son a Droid because his mother uses Verizon and he is on her plan. The droid screen is beautiful but the touch is not as smooth as the Iphone nor quite as fast. The key board is too cramped, web browsing is slower and it not as intuitive as the Iphone. Settings are all over the place. It does have very clear speakers though. I wouldnt give up my 3GS just yet. The Droid still need some refinements. Maybe next version.

• original
    original Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

It's called adblock. Welcome to internet browsing 101.

• Knight_PR
    Knight_PR Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree 100% with you on this, specially the d.a.m.n Best Buy add on every page!!!!!!

• majorbb100
    majorbb100 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

just got firefox and get the addon called adblock. it disables all popups and even ads on the page. it makes websites load a lot faster.

• iconoclast
    iconoclast Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I got a chance to play with a droid briefly. It's nice in many ways, but it's clearly bigger and heavier than my iPhone. If they would just lose the physical keyboard then it could become worth serious consideration.

• bbongrip
    bbongrip Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

just wait for the Google Phone!!!