Google's 'Favorite Places' Lets You Scan Businesses For Information - Fails To Impress

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle's 'Favorite Places' Lets You Scan Businesses For Information - Fails To Impress

Did you just notice on your way to work a few stores carrying weird bar codes at their entrances? That could be the future of local business as Google has launched a pretty interesting way for users to find information about places using their service. Starting this week, Google has...

Read the full story here

Comments

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

I dono i kinda find that cool. You can see the reveiew for a place befor you go in and waste you money.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Sounds kind of lame having to scan a barcode, I think maybe a type of frequency broadcasting would be so much better. You would just walk by and pick up the signal and see video comentary about a Resteraunt or a comercial, that sounds alot more innovative, lol

• JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

a sticker is much cheaper than a small powered fm broadcaster....ummm.. NO!

I like the idea.

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I guess thats true, but if you compare a cheap $10 fm broadcaster that you can pick up from your car to having to walk up to a window to scan a little sticker, then they might as well put a paper on the window with all of the info or just hand out flyers, but most places already do that lol