Toshiba Announces 64GB Flash Memory - Is a 64GB iPhone Coming In 2010?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageToshiba Announces 64GB Flash Memory - Is a 64GB iPhone Coming In 2010?

Toshiba, the supplier of flash memory chips to Apple for the iPhone has announced that the company has succeeded in launching a 64GB embedded NAND flash memory module. This is apparently the first time any company has achieved this high a capacity. Explaining the task involved in the process, the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

64GB wow I don't think I could use that amount of storage on a phone.

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

The thing I like most about the iPhone is that I don't have to carry around a phone and a separate media player. The problem so far: not enough storage on the iPhone for all the music I want with me all the time, plus some videos, and lots of apps and pics. With a 16 GB iPhone I'm either constantly swapping music on and off the phone or settling for what music I happen to have on it, wishing I had other music from my library. A 64GB iphone would be my salvation, allowing me to carry almost three fourth of all my music (I could live with that) and some videos, lots of apps and pics. If there's a 64 GB iPhone in July, I'm upgrading!!!

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

The more memory the better, but what about the battery that is needed to keep it all going???

• Mio Navman M400D
    Mio Navman M400D Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It is good that company is providing such a large flash memory and storage space.But seriously speaking I don't really think that this high tech configuration is so much important.

• Paulito
    Paulito Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

why didnt you buy a 32GB iPhone then?

• Cdub
    Cdub Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

They should just go ahead and integrate Western Digital's Passports with the iPhone. I'd like a 1.5TB with my iPhone, please!