Google Phone: A Faster, Prettier And Unlocked iPhone - Launching Next Month

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGoogle Phone: A Faster, Prettier And Unlocked iPhone - Launching Next Month

Is the Google Phone already out in the wild? In a blog post yesterday, Google had written that the company was doling out a new mobile device running on Android 2.1 to their employees for what they call is 'dogfooding' - a means for employees to test new devices and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kit
    kit Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Im loving it so far

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

All I can say is good for google. Hopefully it works out for them. I really hope apple comes up with something that's going to blow everyone mind. It started the screen touch craze. But other companines are passing the iPhone. But come June 2010. We will all see who's the king of touch screens. Let's go apple blow it up like u always do.

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

looks great i wonder what the specs are. sounds very tempting

• Kevin Putt
    Kevin Putt Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

The phone is not that good looking. I've never liked the android interface either, and it looks like it will still fall short of the iphone (not an iphone killer as we have heard this from let-down phones at least 5 times)

• Dizi
    Dizi Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

IMO, after using an 8125 for years, HTC makes serious quality phones. My old one was unfreakingstoppable, lasted me so long it was chunked and gouged and the paint was worn off, and it never failed me. I finally wore out too many buttons, and thats when I switched to iPhone.

Always interested in something from HTC, especially with Google involved.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

That's true htc makes nice looking phones, then with google. Hmmm! Sounds like a power house.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ok kids lets look at this point. if google makes a open platform phone that we can hack mod ect and do what ever we want to it then wow. now look at this, even if the Google phone comes close to the iPhone in speed and specs ect then the Google phone won and will be a iPhone killer... now this is all a guess but it is something to think about...

• e1inc
    e1inc Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

after just recently switching to a jailbroken/unlocked (thanks to the great GeoHot) i actually liked the apps that were on my G1 better than the apps that i currently get on the iphone. the open source on android i think will make a big impact this coming year. as far as this new gphone forth coming, well i jus gota get my hands on one, so i can switch my iphone over to my wife LOL...

• Dean
    Dean Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

a lot of people are jalous when it comes to iphone in their inside they know
    that iphone is the best in the look and performance and they still lie about it .
    just let them try other phones and spend their money

• phosphorus
    phosphorus Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

BLASPHEMY. The only way that Google can kill the iPhone and all other companies is to have free sms mms and phone calls. Since Google likes the FREE stuff to get attention this won't be too far fetched

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I think apple is seriously worried about google, The move they made to purchase a company to possibly replace google for their maps interface shows that apple is nervous about competing against google.

Google has a way of doing things in a manor that is not only intuitive but efficient. A phone 100% backed by google design (not just software) would surely kill the iPhone's edge.

• duston
    duston Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

let me know if you agree..
    lets let everyone and encourage everyone to try and make an iphone killer:) you all you that basically every company is trying to compete with the iphone.. and this one looks close.. til lwe know the official specs
    till then keep them coming for us apple users we dont care cause apple will blow them away every june RIGHT :)

• iPhone Round Up
    iPhone Round Up Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Seems like the new year is offering more than just change of weather, huh! Oh well, let's wait and see what will surprise us next month in terms of smartphones.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Okay you said "Google Phone: A Faster, Prettier And Unlocked iPhone"
    But IT DOSENT HAVE "A Faster, Prettier" OS OPERATING SYSTEM APPLE S OSX
    THAT THE BEST THING ABOUT IPHONE ITS OS
    and UI

• Hero Killa
    Hero Killa Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am not a apple fanboy or anything remotely close but work in the computer industry. You are dead wrong buddy. The iphone has dominated the competition since launch and has easily continued to do so. The iphone killer is simply a myth made up by somebody who doesn't own an iphone. There isn't a touch screen phone that come close to the iphone. You were right about one thing though. Your Hero blows. I see you are hanging from the droids nuts by your tweets.

• lvidal
    lvidal Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

I like what has been said so far about it, specially the unlocked part. I hope it really works well and that it gives Apple some hard time, because they need to be under pressure, otherwise the iPhone will remain locked which is an stupid thing from the beginning.

• Martin Knight
    Martin Knight Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Its the start of the new breed of phone!
    Apple iphone is at the top, i have an iphone and love it but theres things i am seeing in other phones that iphone hasnt got!

Multitasking and customization.
    Different homescreens and widgets (more like a desktop), not just a damn springboard to flick throught.
    Notification systems.

Yes yes jailbreaking and installing mod apps can improve the iphone but it seems to me with all the jailbreaking and modding that it still doesnt have the open source that developers need. It almost looks like that all the mods are making the iphone into well...into a phone that can do these things anyway!...(android).

I am taking a leap into Android!

Apple is gonna find itself fighting a bit in the next year or to...they have a massive head start due to sync itunes/app store and solid userability but the time of the open source (make your phone your own) has come.

Android + HTC could be my next phone!

But i still love iphonem and apple:)

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Finally a phone I can mess with before the next iPhone,
    looks nice, this is a win win situation for us consumers.
    I o ly wish you could sync with apple iTunes or even better google should co
    come out with a music store and by that I don't want amazon.

• LastBorn
    LastBorn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm a die hard HTC fan. I like the way it looks, feels, and most importantly it is blazing fast. Is it an iPhone killer, no doubt, but only if it can competes with the pricing. You can get an iPhone for about $100 - $200, while HTC cost more. Look AT&T is now selling iPhone 3G (8gigs) for $99, while HTC Kaiser still cost $249+. Why do you think there's more iPhones out there (besides the status quo it projects)? it's the price!!!
    So, iPhone killer wannabes, lower the price of your handset and I guarantee, you'll bury iPhone to the ground.

• Tankueray
    Tankueray Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Same here, had an 8125 and an 8525 then two iPhones. I only got an iPhone because AT&Ts HTC offerings after the 8525 have been disappointing. I am very intrigued by this. But if it's unlocked it will likely be very expensive. Oh hell, if I could buy it online right now, I probably would just to have a new shiny.

• voip@trydeal.com
    voip@trydeal.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For the people that never had an iPhone or a Mac with OS X, YOU SIMPLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE AN COMPUTER OR A PHONE THAT NEVER (& AND MEAN NEVER NOT ONCE) NEEDS TO BE RESTARTED AND NEVER FREEZES UP! Yes I agree open source of android is great because developers can make anything they want for the operating system. I hate apple for not allowing all that, but what you don't understand is not having control over your OS brings instability to the computer or phone. Jailbreak your iPhone and do all the things you wanted anyways and STILL have a phone that never freezes up or give your errors!

For the people that have iPhones/macs: If you even switch to android, windows or Windows Mobile you will see what crap it is when your phone gives you random errors or freezes up all the time, hey but you'll have open source OS.

Final though: you want bunch of stupid open source mods and an unstable phone? go to android by all means, but if you want a phone that always works, get and iPhone jailbreak it and enjoy life. I can show you how to do anything you can on an android OS platform with a jailbroken iPhone (e.g. free unlimited sms & mms, voip, free incoming calls, free outgoing calls, copy/paste, run apps in the background, GPS track you phone even if someone changes the sim card in the iphone.... what ever you want I can help you get it!) voip@trydeal.com