Analysts Claim iPhone Fanboyism As A Result Of A Psychological Condition

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAnalysts Claim iPhone Fanboyism As A Result Of A Psychological Condition

Could fanboyism be some sort of psychological condition? No, this is not a question raised by any eminent psychologist but it comes from a group of analysts at Strand Consulting. In a bizarre piece of research published this week, the analysts note that the iPhone has lived on despite its...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

I do think a majority of iPhone users are fanboys trying to defend Apple despite perceived shortcomings if only they wouldn't we might have a much better product now and Droid would not be a potable alternative.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

i totally disagree. it's true..there are bound to be lots of 'fanboys' following the iphone since they are apple fanatics to begin with. however, you've got to understand..many many many.....many iphone users have switched carriers to at&t because of the iphone. users have even unlocked the iphone to use on other carriers.
    why?
    because the iphone is the ****.
    as for defending apple..i believe it's been shown time and time again..even through the iPhoneHack website..that users are not generally satisfied with the limitations of the iphone. hence the jailbreak.
    Apple does not need "defending". they will create 'a much better product' whether users defend them or not......if they want to.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

and these analysts..i'm curious..if this was researched material..where did they do the research?
    i DO accept the certain limitations that the iphone has..but i do not defend that.
    it doesn't make sense..why would anybody defend the limitation? Stockholm Syndrome?? are they serious??
    it just sounds like a bunch of haters to me.

• original
    original Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

What these analysts need to understand is that the fanboyism isn't the thing that's keeping the iPhone afloat (although it helps), it's more the mind share iPhone currently enjoys. Whenever anyone mentions "smartphone" or "apps" you automatically think iPhone. Not to mention that the gadget-illiterate pretty much call any touchscreen phone an "iPhone" because they think its a type of phone and not a brand. Also the iPhone is a very sweet piece of kit in its own right with a lot of potential, as well as some limitations that can get annoying, nobody is trying to defend those limitations (nobody sane anyway).

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

I agree..... totally... infact.. just following this website with different reviews from hard core fans.. i can say Apple has some real fans

• Zeeshan Ali
    Zeeshan Ali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What I would like to know the origins and the ´sponsors of this RESEARCH! As with almost all researches someone is trying to get benefits out of it, financially or otherwise. So I wouldn't be surprised if this one is backed by 100s of iPhone-wanabes manufacturers

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

I ~ sleep with my phone.. I ~ lovemy phone....I ~ work with my phone. I am obssessed... I think I need therapy....