Type On Jailbroken iPhone Using Bluetooth Keyboard With BTstack Keyboard iPhone App

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageType On Jailbroken iPhone Using Bluetooth Keyboard With BTstack Keyboard iPhone App

Is a physical keyboard something that the iPhone sorely misses? While personally I have never missed a physical keyboard since switching to the iPhone, it is apparently still a big deal to many people around; and there has been a lot of work being done to help iPhone users out...

Read the full story here

Comments

• yes
    yes Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
  • Nopstnz8
    Nopstnz8 Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Awesome! Now we just need a BT stack so a mouse can be used.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

I am using a Freedom Universal Keyboard. BTstack recognizes the keyboard, however when I click on it to choose the keyboard nothing happens. It should go to the next screen and pair but it does nothing. Anyone having the same problem or have a workaround? Thanks for a response.

• duston
    duston Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

lol ugh doesnt work with my bluetooth keypad :( lol but it works with my dell keyboard

• yes
    yes Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I am typing this right now with an Apple BT keyboard connected to my IPhone. Very happy with it. There are some things to get used to - auto capitilization is something I am going to miss on my Mac now!

• OiC
    OiC Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Working great aside from one problem, anyone notice a problem with copy and paste though? Say if you copy one word and try to re-paste it several times while composing a text? It does't let me anymore. I've restored several times and have had this app as the only one installed after a jailbreak.

• Zaid
    Zaid Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i have an iphone 3g and it worked.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Uhm. Read the release notes. No copy/cut/paste support.

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

i just downloaded the app because i do have a freedom keyboard. it was seeing the keyboard but was not typing but after a software update from the maker of the software the keyboard works good so far so good. if you do a serious amount of emails this is a great app. being that the iphone is almost a computer replacement i feel that the iphone has reached a new level being that you are able to connect it to an external keyboard.

• William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

hey bob there is an upgrade for the software it should work i was haveing some issues too with my freedom keyboard. it works but it disconnects all the time i contacted the guy he is working on a fix he is really good with communcation he has been really helpful when you tell him about any issues.

• OiC
    OiC Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

The glitch is via the native keyboard. Not the Bluetooth keyboard. I've read the description.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

Agreed! The developer has been extremely responsive and attentive to issues with the Freedom keyboard. I have really enjoyed working with him to resolve issues with this particular keyboard. The last update definitely got it working. I anticipate further updates and enhancements that will make this app even better. I think it's a great add-on to the iPhone and really like typing on an external when I have many emails to send for business and I am not near a computer. This app is really worth the $5! Lovin' it!

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

iOS 4 allows you to pair external keyboard via Bluetooth, you are better off using it.