AT&T Is Indeed The Nation's Fastest 3G Network!

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Is Indeed The Nation's Fastest 3G Network!

Luke Wilson should feel vindicated. Despite the never-ending complaints from customers and ridicule from competitors, AT&T has managed to edge out Verizon in Gizmodo's annual test to measure the nation's fastest 3G network. Folks at Gizmodo conducted a 3G data test across 12 cities in United States. Five locations in...

Read the full story here

Comments

• IBM Engineer
    IBM Engineer Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Were you paid to report this? Sprint has the fasted 3G speed and always had. I have data cards with Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. Sprint out performs both of the others.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

Again I'm satisfied (but improvements in coverage are welcome) with weverything. I've Downloaded at over 500KB/s (don't ask me how) in a very small town (using PDANet and a download manager)

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Good report, but people will still follow the bash AT&T bandwagon. Too many people believe ads and crowds rather than cold hard facts.

Personal experiences vary with all carriers, but it looks like AT&T is the fastest 3G network overall. No claim is being made that it is the most reliable or provides the most coverage. Let's keep that clear.

• mohamed
    mohamed Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

people are really fooled around i have been with att since 1997 and they have great service and i have been using smart phone blackberry since 2004 and since then i never had a droped call or anything so when it came time to try an IPHONE with att it went down hill why the iphone is not staple enough that why they tell you when you have a problem with ur phone go to apple and return it, so it not the service it the phone it slef but if apple after to say that becasue they afraid, appple is slow with everything , from bad battery life, to no falsh camera , no to mention video camera on the 3rd generation phone, no who to blame

ATT OR APPLE

I THINK IT EASY TO SEEE ITS

A P P L E ( FIX YOUR PHONE PLZ)

• NASArocketscientist
    via Wordpress

Do you think you sound smarter calling yourself IBM Engineer?

• All of you are dumb compared to me! IBM Engineer and NASA Rocket Scientist ain't got nuffin' on me!!!

• I am actually ther smartest of all. Lol any way I had trouble with AT&T when the 3g first came out but for the last 8 months I prolly have dripped maybe 7-10 calls and always have 3g service whereevet I at in my city.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress
  • Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

yeah sure you do sound smarter... "ain't got nuffin' on me" lol nice

• Dog Poop Picker upper
    via Wordpress

I am the smartest of all. Do not be fooled by these other mere mortals! I can do what the others do in my sleep. I recently switched from ATT to Verizon....ATT did seem faster on the 3G, but Verizon's coverage was well worth the compromise, IMO, but then I don't know dog poop........oh wait....yes I do!

• Arabic Laden
    Arabic Laden Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i am the smartest of you all and i have the fastest 3G ever , u know why because u can never catch me !!

• Thomas Edison
    Thomas Edison Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Obviously a test that was rushed out before the full launch of HSPA on T-Mobile. T-Mobile will have HSPA nation wide by the end of the year, which is 7.2Mbps down, while AT&T is only starting to roll out there HSPA.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

The thing about this article you have to take into consideration is the fact that this is a "3G" speed comparison, not a general speed comparison. So Mr. IBM I believe the reason your Sprint network beats the others is because either you are picking up a 4G signal, which is obviously faster, or your location was not included in this test. Remember theses are averages. I know for a fact Sprint beats AT&T in Atlanta because 4G is available there.

• Tash
    Tash Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Nice that ATT 3G is faster according to the test but plz help me with a better coverage on "PHONE CALLS". In NYC even MetroPCS has a better coverage than ATT.

• Smartest Alien invader
    via Wordpress

i Agree with Vinto, how many times did they run the test in each city and it will be nice to see pics of the test since pics of it could be taken to prove their report. I have personally tested att 3G and tmobile edge on the iphone and i can tell you at&t 3g only won 6 out of 10. I'm not saying at&t 3G is slower than tmobile 2G. My point is the time, location and how many times you run the test can give you different results. enough said

• IBM Engineer
    via Wordpress

No, I sign my name as IBM Engineer because that is my actual profession. Somehow, I doubt you work at NASA but thanks for the reply anyway.

• IBM Engineer
    via Wordpress

I've been comparing these three networks for several years now, before the introduction of 4G networks.

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

It's not that AT&T sucks or anything, or that they have crap 3G. It's just the mask they have given themselves over the past few years... Mostly the fact that people get charged 4000 for no reason, like my friend who had a simple little phone got charged 5k!

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

you funny why are you on this page sprint does not carry iphones nor the fastest 3g they carry the amazing pre(it really sucks) we all know how that goes i am run all 3 now cause of my job ibm ENGINEER!!!.... it depends on the area your in and unlike you I've tested this in more than a few places all over the world don't be mad see if ibm can give sprint the money to make there phones and network not suck
    Have a nice day ^_^
    PS
    IBM's suck

• Christopher Michael Langan
    via Wordpress

I have an IQ of almost 200, and I actually enjoy Verizon's network more than AT&T's.