Turn Your iPhone Into a Universal Remote Control With Rē

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTurn Your iPhone Into a Universal Remote Control With Rē

The annual International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that is scheduled to be held in a couple of weeks from now will see an interesting exhibit from Portland based NewKinetix called the Rē. Rē is an IR based universal remote control plug-in accessory for the iPhone that can substitute every other...

Read the full story here

Comments

• RM
    RM Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I CANT BELIEVE HOW MANY ADS IPHONEHACKS USES!!! I HAVE TO REFRESH THE PAGE BECAUSE SOME OF THE MINI POP-UP ADS WONT GO AWAY AND THEY ARE BLOCKING THE TEXT!!! IS THIS NECESSARY? POP-UPS EVERYTIME MY CURSOR PASSES OVER A WORD!!! RIDICULOUS!!!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Why ir at the iphone? I would rather use wifi to a ir transmitter where my components live. Plugging in s ir transmitter to my iPhone everytime I want to change the channel is not practical.

• Money Over Bitches
    Money Over Bitches Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

where can i buy and how much?

• John Smith
    John Smith Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Firefox + AdBlock Plus
    +disable java
    +disable flash
    =Less OT posts like the one above

Not sure? Google is your friend....

• duston
    duston Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

agreed bro, imagine like a little device inside your home entertainment centre like a stupid wii IR bar thing that gives off a short wave ad hoc network our iphone can connect to
    ;D

• John Doe
    John Doe Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Proper design + letting technology work as expected = less arrogant people like you

actually no, i'm wrong. you'd still find a way to exist and be worse than the ads here.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

I loved this idea, until I read your post... Much better idea.

• ewave
    ewave Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The ideas sounds great.
    I suggest another way is to connect the IR device to the home wifi network and iphone can remote control(by wifi) the IR device to remote control the TV?
    This way we do not need to connect any extra things to the iphone. (I like to keep my iphone simple - no attachment)

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

What you describe is exactly what I've been looking for. I'd accept either wifi or bluetooth. I'm not interested in anything I have to attach to my iPhone.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I don't understand how your Wifi to IR system would work. The IR would need to be in LOS of all of my IR based appliances. Ie on my coffee table. Unless its a stand alone unit with batteries, a wifi reciever and a IR port on the front which I can control with my iphone I don't see how your non attachment based system would work. You would either have to deal with cords or with batteries either way.
    I live the idea of this new addon. I can control my TV, my air-con, my radio in the back yard, and my iphone speaker dock in my room with it. Gl getting a non attacked product to help with all that.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

I like the idea of accessing a IR system via wifi or bluetooth, but I think I will stay with my Harmony remote. No attachments or cables to worry about. Everything kept nice and in order on my computer, don't have to worry about losing settings when I decide to update firmware and restore because of jailbreak. Harmony all the way.

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

it would be great if you had an ir transmitter connected to ur pc and you controlled that using the wifi on the iphone and on your modem

• mayo
    mayo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i still want microwave mind control and I phone 2.0 4GS...