AT&T Dismisses Speculation of Usage Based Pricing

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Dismisses Speculation of Usage Based Pricing

AT&T Mobility CEO Ralph de la Vega recently stirred up a hornet's nest by explicitly suggesting that usage based pricing could soon kick in as a means to counter the high bandwidth consumption by smartphone users who have played a big role in congesting the AT&T network infrastructure. According to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• sylvan
    sylvan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i use a lot of internet myself , but not enough to be paying $30 per month , they need to have unlimited plan and customized plan as well . i think that would work the best..

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

They charge me more or get rid of the Internet plan and I switch to an Android phone on another network.

• Frustrated user
    Frustrated user Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

They have brought it upon them selves, they gave no other option to iPhone users/Buyers rather than the $30 plan. Now they complaining? f**k them, What are they expecting? If you forced to take the unlimited plan and you have no other choice, than mine as well, use it as much as you can.

They should have thought about it from the begin with.

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

From my opinion AT&T Were too cocky from the beginning and were blind sided to the fact that their Network might get congested if the number of iPhone useres sky rocketed. But NO they just cared about having the iPhone...

• RM
    RM Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

IPHONEHACKS.COM NEEDS TO READ THEIR OWN ARTICLES. METERED PRICING CAN COME IN MULTIPLE FORMS SUCH AS A TIERED SYSTEM. I PAY $30/ MONTH FOR UNLIMITED NOW, BUT MAY PAY MORE FOR UNLIMITED LATER... ALSO OBVIOUSLY SENIOR AT&T EXECUTIVE DIDNT RULE OUT THE POSSIBILITY OF "METERED PRICING" WHEN HE IS PLANNING ON COMING OUT WITH DIFFERENT PRICES BASED ON HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO USE A MONTH. IPHONEHACKS IS MAKING IT SEEM THAT THE SENIOR EXECUTIVE IS DOING US A FAVOR. HE ISNT HE IS ALL FOR METERED PRICING, BUT IN A DIFFERENT FORM.

• Butthead
    Butthead Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • Beavis
    Beavis Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Heh heh heh eh he heh heh heh!