Gmail for iPhone Now Loads 2 to 3 Times Faster

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGmail for iPhone Now Loads 2 to 3 Times Faster

Gmail for iPhone is one of my favorite iPhone web apps. So it was good to hear that their engineering team was working for the past few months to make it faster as they were unsatisfied with Gmail's performance on the iPhone. They have released an optimized version of their...

Read the full story here

Comments

• duston
    duston Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

k guys,
    why dont you use the REAL native mail app on the iphone and use your gmail account in there:(.

why do we need this web app!

please tell me the advantages,

• info@gmail.com
    info@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree, why do we need this over the built in mail application? What are the advantages?

• G
    G Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

the iphone app in the phone is a battery hog... additionally, many gmail accounts are rather large, over the air synchronization sucks the battery further as well as compromises memory

many prefer the web client over the built in app...

I appreciate google supporting the iphone,

• Reguard
    Reguard Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

The only advantage I can see is that you can go to other google services with out leaving the "app" and I guess that might be seen as an advantage.

• Irha
    Irha Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

I seriously miss threaded display when it comes to viewing my gmail in native mail app. There are a number of other things that I would miss including search, blocked inline images, spam reporting etc., to name a few.

• Johnny Anonymous
    Johnny Anonymous Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

yes the ads on this site on terrible and haven't gotten to a point that renders the site almost useless.

try using an ad blocker. google it or try firefox with adblocker plus extension

• TheHui
    TheHui Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

As some other replies, I don't think we do need this app as the native mail app pre-installed works perfectly fine (with the exchange). And I can't see any reasons why google won't make just an application that does nothing but an in-app browser to load its email page! Going through safari is a mess... If you just create an application that say, google mobile app and has an in-app page for email, that'd be awesome and most people will like it... one click, there you go, your email. Not, click safari, click on your tab, etc...

• Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

please help i need to know wath i do after i jailbreak my iphone to 3.1.2 to use with tmobile..wath program i download after is jailbreak so i can get service with tmobile