CDMA iPhone With Qualcomm Chips to be Launched Later This Year

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCDMA iPhone With Qualcomm Chips to be Launched Later This Year

Contradictory reports are coming in with respect to what the next generation of iPhone could offer. In an article yesterday, we had quoted UBS Investment Research analyst Maynard Um as saying that a CDMA version of the iPhone could soon be coming but Apple might not partner with Verizon on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wish u would...
    Wish u would... Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If the iPhone goes to verizon then I'm done with apple n iPhone if you think things are bad now which there not AT&T is the best carrier for iPhone wait till apple takes the iPhone to another carrier it's just gonna b shame fuk verizon!!!

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

There's no way the will drop exclusivity with one carrier and pick it up with another. They'd be killing their business. This is a ridiculous question to ask. I wouldn't doubt they drop exclusivity with At&t, but they still offer a phone with them. Tell me: why would a company piss off millions of customers they already have, in exchange for potential customers? That's not Apple.

• phewop118
    phewop118 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I would never buy an iPhone on the CDMA network. Data is too slow and it can't be used outside of the US

• brol1k
    brol1k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

iphone on sprints 4G network thats already out in over 20 cities!!! Hell yea but why not making it a world phone? I think every major smartphone should be world edition!!! give us the ability to take it with us during business or personal or our honeymoon trips. One thing that I am sure of when iphone drops to cdma is INSURANCE...YES thats right WE WILL HAVE INSURANCE for cdma b/c u simply cant remove the sim and put urs in! cdma uses the phones esn hex to activate and once company verizon or sprint flags it as stolen or lost, the phone is a complete brick
    YES COME TO SPRINT PLEASEEEEEEEEEE

• alpi
    alpi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Folks let's put this into perspective. GSM phone has SIM card. CDMA phone do not and made specifically for the carrier as Verizon has most of its phones. Meaning for the international traveller or for all of you hackers, the party is over. It is like jumping from fire into a frying pan.

• MM
    MM Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Verizon has phones that work internationally...They just have an added sim card for that.. been doing that for a year plus.. get your facts str8

• DUD
    DUD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

so that means i could flash this new iPhone to cricket? since it would be CDMA

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

I compared my iPhone 3GS against a buddy of mine's Droid. His had 2/3 bars, mine had 5/5 (in the middle of a high school of 1600 btw) and he got 500kbps up, 700kbps down. I got 1010kbps down, 160kbps up. also, never use blacksn0w, network drops out and ****. anyways now no network dropouts since i rejailbroke w/o hacktivation and dont need unlock for AT&T anymore (i always had AT&T and still love them)

• duston
    duston Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

apple would never made a CDMA only phone, like how some of you said already way to slow,
    gsm is TOTATTLY world wide!,
    and I live in Canada all the CDMA providers JUST went to gsm, so Telus and Bell are on gsm now!,
    and the new 21 freaking mbit's network
    wooot

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

Apple should should come out a phone with build in 3G networks for AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Verizon will go from CDMA to GSM. Apple could made a version iphone with dua radio bands GSM & CDMA that will works on all four US major carrier AT&T, Tmobile, Sprint & Verizon.

AT&T is the Best.

• brol1k
    brol1k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Alot of people do not know what they are talking about, yes GSM is world wide in more places but dont forget there are countries with WCDMA ALSO!!! One thing is true in these comments, I think every smartphone for verizon and sprint should be made a world phone! Its like I said, you have an expensive device like iphone or blackberry or HTC and you cant even take it on vacation with you. Im all for a cdma capable iphone especially on the NOW Network aka first usa carrier with 4G and first to launch 3G(sprint). For those that say ATT data is best to all...That is NOT true at all, I have an iphone 3GS and here in NYC data stinks and alot of dropped called, here sprint and verizon are the best!

• Gary
    Gary Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Since CDMA is going away in the next year to two (being replaced by LTE) I can't see apple releasing a CDMA iPhone now.

• ramsey
    ramsey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Please come out with a cdma phone! I would go back to sprint in a heartbeat! I LOVE my Iphone but hate ATT. I have dead zones all over my work place. In one spot I'll have 4 bars in another I'll have no service. I never had any problems with sprint and their plans were a lot more resonable.

• jo
    jo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
  • a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

so the iphone could work on crickets network if flashed?