Apple Could Launch CDMA-iPhone Without Verizon

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Could Launch CDMA-iPhone Without Verizon

Will a CDMA-iPhone ever see the light of the day? Rumors about Apple partnering with Verizon in the launch of a new CDMA iPhone have been floating around for a long time. In fact, Verizon was supposedly the first carrier Apple spoke to and the agreement with AT&T happened only...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

That's what I was saying, sprint is the one apple could work with. Forget verizon and There crazy prices I will never go. Plus sprint has great reception in the norheast where AT&T don't. Sprint is the sleeper that will surprise all. don't sprint have 4g already. This is all sprint needs to to get back on track.

• Nonomojo
    Nonomojo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I disagree. Sprint has the worst service of all carriers. I've dealt with them all on a business to business level. Bringing the iphone to Sprint would result in even more people complaining about their 3G coverage and call quality. Although I'm sure Sprint would jump at the opportunity since they are on the verge of bankruptcy and desperately need a boost to their product offerings.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

really? at&t doesn't have reception in the northeast? Because i live in the northeast and get great reception everywhere i go.

• brol1k
    brol1k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Iphone with Sprint would be marvelous, Sprint is starting to move back into its old position again. yea the move with nextel was bad but its like like, in order to go up u have to go down first. Indeed Sprint is the company everyone is sleeping on but Sprint is the company with FIRST 4G rollout in over 26 cities!!! Remember Sprint has the worst CS out of all carriers and slowly and quietly they worked out the issues and according to survey this yr sprint had the best CS and ATT supposedly great CS came in last place. SO with that said Watch out "2nd largest mobile carrier" lol

• Hdog
    Hdog Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

You should check your facts before you post crap. Sprint is not on the verge of bankruptcy and has paid debts through 2011.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Always a smart one!

• lu
    lu Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

iPhone on Sprint would be a dream come true.
    At least for me Sprint has been one of the best wireless carriers I've had. The only reason I currently have ATT is because of the iphone.
    Can't wait to go back to Sprint, I would even pay the early termination fee

• Wish u would...
    Wish u would... Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Every person that complains about the speed bein to slow
    you are just plain STUPID what you morons fail to realize is that a
    nny network the iPhone goes to it'll b the same a
    and reason bein to many people have an iPhone AT&T has the fastest network n has been proven so it's a fact if it goes to another carrier what makes you think it'll b better it won't it'll just get worse especially with the sorry ass services of sprint n verizon

• Dilly
    Dilly Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

hell yea sprint baby im getting it as soon as it comes out

• brol1k
    brol1k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

dont know why you said sorry ass sprint and verizon, yea sure ATT could theoretically have the fastest 3G but in SOME cities b/c the 3G coverage is so LOW! have u seen the verizon ads making fun of ATT's 3G coverage? i mean its spotty as heck, sprints and verizons coverage map is of course wayy better. I rather have coverage in more areas then be faster in SOME areas.

• Shaff
    Shaff Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Here is another reason why the IPhone would be awesome on Sprint . . . simply unlimited for $100.00. I am a business user and have been using Sprint since the simply unlimited plan came out. The cost for the same level of service on Verizon is $50.00 more per month (last time I checked). I have been happy with Sprint's coverage, but don't know enough about the other carriers to get into a pissing contest with the rest of you.

• a454nova
    a454nova Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I second that!

I don't have an iphone just because I don't like ATT or Tmobile.

Can't wait for a CDMA IPhone!

P.S. Sprint users... ask for a discount, They offer them to almost anyone with little info.
    Military gets min 15% off!
    Airlines Employees get like 20% off!

• Sprintuser
    Sprintuser Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I've been a Sprint customer for almost 10 years. Yes they've had some issues internally with their business practices however, they've come a long way. Merging with Nextel was another shot in the dark that did not settle well with Sprint, regardless, they're here and doing great business. The addition of the iPhone would make Sprint a superior wireless carier, specially if they would offer it with 4G (wimax). If you ever looked into clearwire's service that's a Sprint network, if you ever looked at Comcast's new 4G service, that's a Sprint network. The iPhone on this network would squash ATT's "amazing" network in which as of late has been getting reports of latency.

I work in the wireless carrier industry dealing with various networks including Spring/Verizon Wireless/Tmobile and ATT. By far Sprint's network is superior on quality of service.

Pricing, hell, if they charged $150 for an anything plan I would gladly pay it!

• Calikydd
    Calikydd Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Personally, I do not care who Apple makes an agreement with as far as launching there CDMA iPhone with. When it boils down to it some providers are faster, or have larger coverage there is always a sacrafice made somewhere.

Will the iPhone work just as well on a CDMA network as opposed to a GSM network, we will just have to wait and see.

Now the reason I say I dont care who they go with, is the simple fact that as a CDMA phone you have it flashed to work with any CDMA provider of your choice.

I work in the cell phone communications industry. I know the iPhone will never sign with the company I work with, but I will be buying one and flashing it to my provider. Simple as that.

Just something to think about.

• A N
    A N Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I for one am really hoping Apple comes out with a CDMA iPhone soon ... and if they do so with Sprint ... all the better. I have been with Sprint for a long time now. I agree that at times I have had to deal with issues regarding service but overall I love the service I get. I just hope that they dont do what they did with the Instinct. Forcing a plan on people might just be a bad idea. I have a Sero plan that offers pretty much everything that the unlimited plan does. Id like to stay with it ... if they ever do come out with an iPhone!!!

• Jerrel
    Jerrel Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

What is your source that AT&T has the 'fastest' network. According to Consumer Reports the rankings are typically(with some variability from city to city - but composite score-wise its)

1) Verizon
    2) Sprint
    3) TMobile
    4) AT&T

• rckc97@yahoo.com
    rckc97@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Iphone for Metropcs. Alot of people will dig this. Everytime i go to metropcs store people with iphones are asking if they can flash it to metro but they can't because it's not cdma yet. I'll get this iphone for metro. COOL.