Apple Could Release iPhone OS 4.0 Beta at Late January Media Event

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Could Release iPhone OS 4.0 Beta at Late January Media Event

Apple's January 27th media event could be more than just about the Apple Tablet. French website Mac4Ever writes that a lot of their sources have hinted that Apple could also be demoing their next generation OS during the event. In a posting today, the website cites its sources as saying...

Read the full story here

Comments

• BARAN
    BARAN Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

I biggest wish is the one I've had since 2.0. I wish that they allow app developers to change the lock screen image like the native ipod app does. That way, I can tell what song Pandora is playing without unlocking the phone. Also, and I appreciate this may need a hardware change, I think they should add a radio tuner.

Guest Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

Longer battery or removable battery... All these new features are sure to eat up the battery. I've had to scale back some of the jailbreak apps because everytime I jailbreak my battery life decreases.

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Well I want in optical input Jack for music. This coax thing is old. Let's go apple!

• Lenny
    Lenny Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i would like to have a faster browser and an option to change the themes without jailbreaking it, also a native msn messenger app, they have it for the mac, and so many other phones,,, why not iphone???

• Kurt
    Kurt Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

An environ to be able to develop on a windows machine.

• eeki
    eeki Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

flash player .... nothing else

• eki
    eki Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

flash player .... nothing else

• kp
    kp Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

In my wishlist is that apple should fix the battry life problems on the iphone 3GS and also install flashplayer.

• Lenny
    Lenny Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Apple has fixed the bad battery isue ( atleast I think so ). I got the 32 gig 3g(s) when it first came out and I noticed right away that it sucked!!!!! I always throught that the battery was bad because of all the new features that it has and because how powerful it is when compared to the 2g and 3g iPhones but it's not that, the batteries in the early 3g(s) iPhones were just bad them selves. I highly recommend that if you have a early moddle 3g(s) with a bad battery to call apple and tell them and they will send you a new one in 3 buisness days. I did and the battery in my new one is 100% better than the old one!!!!!.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Please let me run more than one app at a time!

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

Multitasking (a la ProSwitcher), System-wide voice dictation (a la Dragon Dictation), Themes, a cancel button to cancel an outgoing SMS/MMS, just to name a few.

• Ataman
    Ataman Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

flash, background apps, 3g voip

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

flash, the ability to create folders in the camera roll so u can take pics of an event and put it in its own folder, the ability to cancel a text or sms message, the ability to add more then one name at a time to a text or mms message having to reopen the list every time to pick a different name is a pain. would be so much easier if they had a check box method that i can pick all the people i want to send something to at once.

• dima.david
    dima.david Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

just double tap the home button, and you will see the song name without unlocking!

• dima.david
    dima.david Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

oops, you wanted to know pandora, not ipod....

• hatem
    hatem Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

In the Contacts app, the search field is a pain, it should be always in a fixed position so we don't have to click that tiny little button.

Flash & Realplayer.

Improve the contacts & the sms applications. I been using NOkia communicator for the past 10 years and it is light year ahead of the iphone when it comes to contacts and sms features.

• Andy_TW
    Andy_TW Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF WiFi CONNECTION !! I am still stucking on this issue, or, is there any solution can cover this issue already?

• Spook
    Spook Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
  • LWJ
    LWJ Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

bluetooth file to other phone brand

• NO
    NO Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

fm radio chip activated !

• mc
    mc Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Better calendar app, one touch switching between email accounts, easier access to turn wi fi on and off, customizable dialer (I had this great Treo app that would 'know' when I called my VM and pull up a custom screen for message handling), sort email by sender or thread

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

They really should include:

(1) Proper bluetooth connectivity much like the rest of the mobile phone world.

(2) Reply, forward or close an SMS from a phone that is currently dormant. Currently the choice to reply or close is offered sporadically and in most cases not at all, it simply displays the text message with no opportunity to forward or reply without having to awaken the phone, go to messages, type etc.

(3) iWorks instead of being told to download a competitor's software like Quickoffice. I ask you, how assinine is that move on their part?

(4) More productivity applications as the ones listed above.

I can do with less of the inane and moronic applications that currently float around their app store. Mindless applications aimed at people with an IQ of a chair. How many pages of emoticon apps does one really need? Do I really need to know my BMI on my phone? If you want a toy by all means purchase a toy or an iTouch. I bought a supposed "smart phone" which means proper email, sms, office docs, etc. something that should resemble a Blackberry or the Nokia Eseries. However, the iPhone in its current manifestation doesn't even come close to Samsung, LG or SonyEricsson.

• iPhone 4.0
    iPhone 4.0 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

If you are savvy enough to Jailbreak your phone, there is an unsigned app that you can get through Cydia to organize your apps into folders.