AT&T 3G Network Covers 230 Million Americans According To New Ad

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T 3G Network Covers 230 Million Americans According To New Ad

Luke Wilson is back. In an ad launched by AT&T yesterday, the company claims that their 3G network covers close to 230 million Americans. This comes against the backdrop of Verizon's attack campaigns that relentlessly targeted AT&T and their 3G network over the past couple of months. Ever since Motorola...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

Well I must be 23,000,001th person.
    Their network sucks

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Yep, unless you are in a fairly large market you exist on the Edge network and pay for 3G.

• JC
    JC Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

The 3G Network quiality has to do a lot with the place where you live. Here is Miami I could not be happier with AT&T's service. Is not perfect, but is pretty good compare to other carriers....and beleive me....I went thru others. What I don't like is what I pay for their services. Until the other day I had 3.0 installed (now 3.1.2) on a 3G and my 3G speeds were always above 1 mb/s. Just my 2 cents....

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

If true, Verizon would cover a billion people and the total US population is a little over 300 million. This is total bullshit.

Every commercial ATT has put out lately has been utter crap; either untruths or bringing up stuff nobody really cares about.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

Verizon never said that they covered 5x more "People" than att. Their claim is that their coverage is 5x larger in terms of square miles.

The bulk of the population in the US does have att coverage. Att chose not to put up new 3g towers in areas of low to zero population due to being unable to recover the money they would have spent there.

• configuration management
    via Wordpress

No AT&T 3G in Vermont since they took over Unicel in January 09 & offered the iphone. Newspaper stated 3G was supposed to be in selected cities by end of year. Data service is slooooooow

• VTguy
    VTguy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Vermont does have 3g coverage in a few areas now. I get coverage in Middlebury and Chittenden county. I understand they will continue to expand the 3g network this year. If you are in a very rural area, you may not get coverage for a while though (if ever). I am very happy to get about 1.2 megs of speed now!