Apple Removes iPhone App After Developers Get 'Cease And Desist' Notice from Hollywood

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Removes iPhone App After Developers Get 'Cease And Desist' Notice from Hollywood

In a first of its kind, an iPhone app development firm has received a 'Cease and Desist' notice from a Hollywood talent agency who claim that the lead character in their gaming app was illegally capitalizing on the brand name of the company's CEO. Apple reacted quickly by removing the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• CTREV08
    CTREV08 Posts: 74
    via Wordpress

This is the stupitdist thing I have ever heard of this is like me making a football game that has nothing to do with the NFL and naming the qb Dan and getting sued by the dolphins because they had a qb named Dan Marino

• UCYIBD1
    UCYIBD1 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

So much for my game, where my character is a recent graduate and does different JOBS to pay back his loans....His name was Steve.....lol

• thehard
    thehard Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

So you can make fun of Ari Emmanuel in Entourage but you can't do so in an App?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

How long before they sue because you named your kid Ari or Ben?? Seriously, why do these large companies get to push us around like this? This developer is just trying to make a living. I think WME should not flatter themselves like this. It was more likely a reference to Ari Gold on Entourage and not the douche bag from WME.

• EasyE
    EasyE Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

This reminds me of when Spike Lee sued Spike TV for infringment over his name, he said Spike TV was trying to bank on his famous name... Spike Lee lost that case in court.

• Jefe
    Jefe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I don't know anyone that even knows what WME or Entourage is. Ari? Doesn't even sound like a real name. Why would anyone care...

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
  • justdoit
    justdoit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Guys - Bottom line for these gigantic magnets is $$$$. I had no idea who in the hell was Ari or his company. I care less what he or his company does. But it really bothers me - even in US we have such bone heads to suggest a character name being used in an fictitious app and lo behold companies like Apple removing them. It is unfortunate....and a shameless act.