What iPhone 4.0 Needs: Multitasking and Tools To Monitor Battery Used by iPhone Apps

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWhat iPhone 4.0 Needs: Multitasking and Tools To Monitor Battery Used by iPhone Apps

The arrival of the Nexus One and the subsequent buzz it has generated has got the iPhone users debating once again on the merits and demerits of their own phone. One of the biggest demands that the iPhone users have had is the ability to multitask. This has been one...

Read the full story here

Comments

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

I'm in total agreement with this article. No multitasking on the next iPhone/OS would be a serious mistake for Apple. Something else that would help user better manage their power consumption would be quick method to turn off & turn on features such as bluetooth and brightness, without going through a "tap-tap" marathon in Settings.

• Alejandro
    Alejandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

A removable battery would solve all this even if the iPhone stayed a power hog. People could carry one or more extra batteries and make this a non issue. There's gotta be a way to do that without messing with the coolness factor. Am I missing something?

• brol1k
    brol1k Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

id say a beefed up battery would help it, nothing less then a 1450mah, i mean even the BB tour comes with a 1400mah and htc touch pro 2 with a 1500mah and it out lasts my iphone anytime.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

there are lots of external batteries sold for the iphones..from different shapes and sizes. some fit it like a protective cover while others just plug into the charging area for expanded battery life.

although removeable batteries would seem convenient..i don't think you can have the same form-factor that makes the iphone so popular. 'a tiara wearing princess'??...so be it.

• Glen
    Glen Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak + Backgrounder + ProSwitcher = Awesome multitasking

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Backgrounder is the best!

• HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress

Yup; ProSwitcher is very nice although the incoming phone call/SMS msg. bug still plagues Backgrounder. Looking forward to the official Apple multitasking in 4.0.

• Mozbius
    Mozbius Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Not power consumption related but... Apple definitely needs to bring in QuickSMSSend/Reply in OS4! I'll Jaylbreak any iPhone just for that option in a heart beat!

• Krew_92
    Krew_92 Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

Apple seriously need to have multi tasking in the next Software Update! SBsettings doesn't count since it's not really Apple related so....Apple need to get on the ball!

• iPhone Genius
    iPhone Genius Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Apple complains about people jailbreaking their phones but fail to give its customers the tools they need to be ahead of the game. A pretty UI isnt going to cut it for long, you need alot more things to accomodate. Smartphones are getting better and better. Apple needs to equip their phones with all the basic stuff first, so that when they do release a new OS, people won't be clowning us because their phones already could do these things already. The iPhone is a great device but it can always get better.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

I definitely have to agree with you on this. it would be nice to have a removable battery so that way if my iphone is low on battery or dies during the middle of the day, i can pop it out and replace it.

• Serban
    Serban Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Couldn't agree more. I can't believe that Apple hasn't yet implemented multitasking, while 3rd party developers created such complex, useful and beautiful apps (either for the jailbroken or normal iphone).

And after all, Palm did it without affecting the battery life, why can't Apple implement multitasking as well ?

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

Should be a built-in feature not requiring jailbreaking. Should be something we have to fix.