Gartner Report Claims 99.4% Of Mobile App Sales are from iPhone App Store

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGartner Report Claims 99.4% Of Mobile App Sales are from iPhone App Store

The App store has been one of the major success stories for Apple in recent times. Ever since Apple launched the App Store in 2008, close to 140,000 apps have been added to the App Store and these apps have been downloaded over 3 billion times. The success of the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dilip
    Dilip Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Great post and a good point about the App markets. I think the app market places are going to grow. However, Apple might not have to worry much from the Android Market. The current situation looks like the Android app market will fracture between carriers and handset makers. VZW has already made a point at CES this year that it is going to pursue its own market place for smartphones and I am sure others will follow.
    The real threat for Apple is yet to be completely defined, ie. the enterprise app market place. I think enterprise applications will need a different market place and marketing strategy which could be a huge challenge for Apple.

• muphinDOTnet
    muphinDOTnet Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

OBVIOUSLY!!!
    All Apps are from the iPhone store because its the only store to have apps, Android just came out so dont expect too much.
    One thing is they dont count purchases but (re)downloads.

And in a years time i would like to see the competition of the 2 major app stores, apple vs google. people will be making same apps for both stores but then there will be rivalry on who is the cheapest? or do more? which might increase what the API can do .... so give android a bit of time to establish itself and then we shall see, since the take up of the OS was from 2% to now 21% i'm positive google will over shadow apple in say 3 years time.