$459 Million Worth Of iPhone Apps Pirated Till Date

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
image$459 Million Worth Of iPhone Apps Pirated Till Date

The success of iPhone and the App Store has spawned a new bunch of entrepreneurs who now earn their livelihood developing applications for iPhone users. With close to 135,000 iPhone apps on the App Store today, the revenues made from the App Store constitute a very significant chunk of income...

Read the full story here

Comments

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

My iphone is jailbroken... is it for pirating apps? no... its to allow me to do what i want with my own damn phone that i paid good money for!

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

I love all these made up figures, it's just glorious! Sure developers are losing out on money, so what that's part of life! They can either keel making aps or try and play cops and robbers with hackers. If they do they will lose! Plus there are probalbly 100,000 crap apps in the 125,000 apps available in the app store! It's almost a good thing there are cracked apps, because we would of been ripped on by developers!

• JDB
    JDB Posts: 284
    via Wordpress

Damn, Tim, I couldn't agree more!!!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

i agree with tim, my 3gs is jailbroken and i don't pirate apps.

i just don't like it when nazi apple tells me what i can an can not run on my device that i paid for.

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Couldn't agree more with the posters above. This is MY iPhone, and it's jailbroken. However, there are no pirated apps on it. Your implications are very unfounded.

• tbei25@gmail.com
    tbei25@gmail.com Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I also have a JB iphone and there is prolly more like 110,000 out of the 125,000 that are crap.

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

I have Paid for several APPS that simply dont work as indicated on my iPhone..!! To my knowledge there is no way to obtain refund for them..? I have now Jailbroken my phone so I can obtain 3rd party Apps that do what I want.. I would certainly be willing to buy apps should there be more availability of 'try-b4-buy'

• AppleKiller
    AppleKiller Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Screw Apple. I'll jailbreak and unlock and use ANY app I want. I don't care what they say. If I want to run hacked apps I will. Nuff said.

• Money Over Bitches
    Money Over Bitches Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

**** APPLE. I RUN PIRATED APPS. END OF STORY

• Jonny H
    Jonny H Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

The Golden Rule isn't followed so well these days anymore. If I made an app, I'd want all the profits I deserve. Knowing this, I can't in good conscience do this to developers. Conscience is a thing of the past though, I guess. Alester Crowley did say "Do what thou wilst." and people always will. I hope their is a way to stop stealing app without stopping jailbreaking, which is perfectly legal.

• froger
    froger Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

ok well im sorry but if you make any kind of sofeware its going to be pirated it doesnt matter what you do its going to happen

• kdfjlak
    kdfjlak Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

**** apple & at&t. iphones including all apples products should,must,ought have to be jailbroken and use pirated apps. apple& at& t are already ripping customers. we must jailbreak,unlock,install cracked apps always. i have installed pirated apps in 1000s of my friends iphone to screw apple and will continue to screw apple and at&t.

• sahid
    sahid Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

I would not run pirated apps only if they had a trial on them for the full version... if I like it enough I would buy it... no trial of the real think... i just wont buy it.

• Wiser
    Wiser Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

The 24/7 research figures have already been contested and proven to be wildly inaccurate. They simply throw out a number like "75% of all software is pirated" without providing one single shred of proof as to how this figure is obtained. They most likely just "guessed" based upon their assumptions of people in general. Regardless, most software in the appstore is reasonably priced, 99 cents for a game aint bad. The problem is the sheer number of crap the appstore hosts. There have already been scandals showing PR firms hired to post phony reviews and rate app's with 5 stars to boost ratings for developers. Since the ratings system is now corrupted, you simply cant trust anything you buy from the app store. As a result, I always pirate what I'm looking for first to see if I like it or not. To date, there have been zero paid apps worth my time. A couple I have kept, but if I were forced to buy them I would just delete them instead, so the developer has not lost any money to me.

In fact, I have a hard time browsing the library of cracked apps b/c so many of them are so bad, the entire app store really isnt even worth my time.

• Wiser
    Wiser Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Oh, and whats funny, the best apps are free! Weather channel, banking stuff, pandora etc... These are actually worth money lol.