iPhone 3GS Vs. Nexus One - Which Has the Better Camera?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 3GS Vs. Nexus One - Which Has the Better Camera?

An indispensable part of modern day mobile phones is the camera. Ever since the iPhone 3GS with its 3.2 megapixel camera was launched, it has been debated on whether or not its camera is good enough. While serious photographers will still consider it wise to go for a dedicated digital...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 295
    via Wordpress

come on give me a fuking break. the nexus one is 5 megapixel and has flash so this topic shoulndt even exist. i didnt even waste my time reading it. obviously the 5 mega pixel camera is better no matter what the iphone's camera is. the iphone maybe better in everything else but that doesnt mean it has a better camera.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Jay - pixels ain't everything.

What are you going to do with these photos? These days 90% of the time you'll put them on a social networking site, post them on a blog, email them to your mum. Then they get displayed at say 800x600 resolution. Well that takes 480,000 pixels - a small fraction of 3MP let alone 5MP.

Unless you are planning on printing your photos out at 8x10 or larger it's not going to make much difference.

What starts to matter is optics and processing smarts (what does the phone do between getting raw data from the sensor and saving a .jpg file) much more than raw pixels.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

chris is right, the driod camera is 5mp, but the 3gs takes way better pics

• Hemingway
    Hemingway Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have taken some excellent photo's with my 3GS. So much so that I haven't even considered getting a dedicated camera just because of the ease and quality of the 3GS. If having a 5mp camera over a 3.2mp was that big of a deal, get a dedicated camera.

• Jay is an idiot
    Jay is an idiot Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Not necessarily buddy.

• ezmac
    ezmac Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

open your mind... and be educated.

• Santosh
    Santosh Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

i agree with what jay is saying.......
    it is just pointlesss to compare between a 3.2 mp and a 5.2 mp camera equipped with flash......
    and yes... comparison between droids 5.0 mp camera and 3.2 mp iphone camera were made, n thankfully iphone's was better..... but still though it is not justifiable to compare between the two.... considering the difference in the resolution ......
    .... but yes... it may vary according to the brand and products... eg.... nokia's 3.2 mp camera on n series are far more better than 8 mp camera equipped in samsung.... even on a digital point shoot camera... a canon's 8.1 mp camera is far better than samung's or kodak's camera..... but... literally it can't be justifiable to make a compariosn between the two.....
    n in defense for iphone.... it's doesn;t take that bad picture that you can;t post it to the social networking site.... but sadly mine doesnt( i dont know what's the problem with my camera)
    lastly i'm or any other iphone user's aint gonna hate my iphone coz nexu's camera is better than iphone's......
    one more thing to add....
    the best thing many reviewers forget to talk about iphone is its multi touch screen......
    until any other touch phone comes with a multi touch screen...... its impossible for them to imagine they beat the iphone...

• Moo
    Moo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hehe of course you guys are going to be biased towards the iphone, nexus one takes much clearer photos