DIY Instructions to Build Custom Car Mount for Your iPhone

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDIY Instructions to Build Custom Car Mount for Your iPhone

GPS is among the most popular apps available on the iPhone. If you use the GPS apps on iPhone, you might have realized the problem with mounting the iPhone on your car. With unique car docks available for different GPS devices, choosing the right dock can not only be difficult...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tai Mai Shu
    Tai Mai Shu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm sorry but that looks pretty tacky in my opinion!
    Why have a "baller status phone" then have a homedepot thing sitting in your car? Creative yes, but it also makes your car look cheap too.
    My suggestion would to at least spray paint the whole setup a piano black or something so at least it will color match and not get too much attention.

If you aren't using the TomTom or Magellan iphone/touch car holder... then u can at least get a made in china car mount off e-bay for less than $20 shipped that will look much more professional and nice. This looks like it can be a mockup just for a person going mountain biking.

• Alfred E Anal.
    Alfred E Anal. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Not only would it not work in a majority of cars that dont have a convenienty placed shelf behind the wheel (you know, most have a speedo cluster) but its also the crappiest looking thing i've ever seen, i'd be embarassed to have someone in my car see it.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

"hey look at that shitty dock"..
    OH WAIT theres a 3GS in there
    thats awsome man :)

• S.Jobbs
    S.Jobbs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

These phones are bringing freaks from all over the planet.

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I never post enything on these sites but had to for this , that thing looks like shittttt! Nasty Red Neck fix, pay the 20 bucks for a real car holder.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

That so ugly. How could you do that. You destroy the Apple Brand reputation. It must chinese done that :)

• Radjin
    Radjin Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

What idoit came up with that idea of putting the indicators in the middle of the dash? Given that I would not be one who would buy a car so cheap that my speedomoter is not in front of me, this little genius of a mount will not work. I use the term genius very loosly…

• mr apple
    mr apple Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

mountguys.com and spend a few bucks and do it right.

• Dozi
    Dozi Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

So dumb. That's d problem with not keeping d KISS. Instead of using PVC pipes n spending some money, why not use glued Velcro straps. Paste d attacher velcro on ur iPhone and d other (receiver) on a flat vertical surface of d car's dashboard. Voilà!! U have a viewable GPS in iPhone that is detachable n dismountable. Is it not? KISS = keep it simply simple.

• Sanjeev
    Sanjeev Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

YOU ARE REALLY CREATIVE ENOUGH TO HAVE YOUR OWN BUSINESS OF MAKING NEW PRODUCTS....YOU JUST NEED TO REFINE YOUR DESIGNS AND MAKE IT LOOK MORE GOOD...

IN TODAYS WORLD FASHION SELLS...

KEEP THE SPIRIT OF TRYING NEW THINGS...& MOST IMPORTANT DO NOT LET THE CRITICISM STOP YOU FROM BEING CREATIVE