RedSn0w 0.9 Released to Jailbreak, Unlock & Customize iPhone OS 3.0 & iPhone OS 3.1.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedSn0w 0.9 Released to Jailbreak, Unlock & Customize iPhone OS 3.0 & iPhone OS 3.1.2

iPhone Dev Team have released beta version of redsn0w, which is a cross-platform jailbreaking, unlocking, and customizing tool for iPhones and iPod touches. iPhone Dev Team claims that though redsn0w is not as fast as blackra1n but it can handle more variations. iPhone Dev Team has released the beta version...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alek
    Alek Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

didn't work with me, like it didn't isntal cydia, i have the latest bootrooom

• kalas
    kalas Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

work on ipod touch?

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
  • ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

kinda late isn't it? Blackr1an works better too?

• bhuvan chowdhary
    bhuvan chowdhary Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

i dont get he point of this if it does not provide a solution to the tethered jailbreak problem...

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

honestly, i don't think we needed redsn0w at all..at this point.
    the latest pwnagetool (which is actually not that new) can do pretty much what redsn0w will do.

build a custom 3.1.2 firmware with whatever settings you want (custom logo, bundles, sources..) and restore (option+click) on top of the blackra1n jailbreak. Baam DONE!
    for those who don't have a mac, download a custom firmware from the web.

i think what everybody really wanted was a fix for the tethered jailbreak. since greenpois0n turned out to be a flop..and OS 4.0 is coming out like..tomorrow, i don't see the point..unless it will be compatible with the 4.0 firmware..which it won't.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

check that...

i guess it's a fix for windows users

• Hoobaloo
    Hoobaloo Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Exactly, I want to get rid of this tether jailbreak crap!

• Rcas
    Rcas Posts: 53
    via Wordpress

Ya definitely late... is that a serial number or model number that starts with "MC"? I have a 3GS with a serial number that starts with numbers but the model number starts with MC..

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

I've got a 3GS (old bootrom) running 3.0.1 (7A400), jailbroken using Redsnow 0.8- and a Windows machine- I assume I would update to 3.1.2 using iTunes and then run this new Redsnow to re-jailbreak? I'm not bothered about unlocking, so upgrading the baseband isn't an issue.

I was going to give my phone to a Mac-owning friend tomorrow for the Pwnage Tool option- but if using Redsnow gives me the same benefits... (I really want the custom boot logos!)

A step-by-step guide for using Redsnow like the Pwnage Tool guides would be a great help! :)

T

• Taylor
    via Wordpress

PS- which is actaully the better option, reliablility-wise?

T

• Tick
    Tick Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Been using blackra1n for months without problems.

• deano
    deano Posts: 96
    via Wordpress

you ungrateful noobs

blackra1n is not the same as redsnow also they need to keep the cat and mouse chain going

and remember dev have being here since the 2g days

and geohot only releaes when he can be arsed

so dont but the dev down we would be screwed without them so you noobs shut up, but if you can do better release your own jb and unlock

• Videokiddo
    Videokiddo Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Listen you complainers. Quit pissing and moaning about not having an untethered jailbreak. If you like blackra1n use it. If you like redsn0w use it. If you like pwnage tool use it. Quit slapping the devteam in the face because blackrain has been out for a while and works better. What are you going to do when iPhone 4G comes out and OS 4.0 and tou piss off the devteam or Geohot's ego kicks in and they decide not to work on Jailbreaking anymore? If redsn0w is not working just submit it to the devteam so they can fix the issue. Otherwise shut up and stop whining because I want a Jailbreak now and in days to come.

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

We all should thank dev team for everything they do for us, first of the **** is free stop f'n whinning... You should be glad we got both blackra1n and dev team's redsn0w...

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

This is a beta version so use at your own risk. If you noobs read musclenerds tweets this only took about a week to put together. They had lost the code for redsnow and just found it and this works also on windows unlike pwnage tool which is mac only. Moreover with redsnow you don't have to worry about issues most people have with blackra1n.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

thank you dev team keep up the good work look forward to your OS 4.0 jailbreak

• 愚蠢的笨
    愚蠢的笨 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

We all use to be "noobs" - even the Dev Team. So you people complaining about complianers and "noobs" should really re-read you posts...And do you really care if someone talks crap about Dev Team or Geohot? This is like nerdy sports. The fans talk **** about the other team(s) all the time. Innovation comes from competition!! any halfway intelligent person knows this.

**** AWAY BITCHES!!

• Taylor
    via Wordpress

Well, last night I decided to take the plunge and give Redsnow a go - I've been running 3.0.1 jailbroken with Redsnow 0.8 for 6 months with no issues, so I had trust in the latest version.

I updated to 3.1.2 using iTunes 9 on my Windows machine- and used Redsnow as instructed - directing it to the IPSW I used to Shift+restore the phone with minutes earlier. It ahppily ran through the entire process, with a successful 'finished' messsage at the end.

The phone itself is just a black screen throughout the process, and stays like this once Redsnow appears to have finished. I've tried leaving it like this for a time - to see if the phone boots up of its own accord - but I have to turn it on using the power button to get it to start - obviously not an issue.

However - the phone is not jailbroken! Loads up fine...but is completely standard. I've tried again and again - checked that no iTunes/ipodservice processes are running, tried re-downloading both the IPSW and Redsnow from different sources - still the same outcome.

Am I doing something wrong...I misAs my jailbreak already lol! I's rather use Redsnow for the custom boot logo but if it comes to it I'll try Blackrain.

Advice please! :)

Lee

• Cindy
    Cindy Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

its going all away though and it reboots but that is all it does is reboot and reboot will not stop reboot

• Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 163
    via Wordpress

Im sure if a non tethered jailbreak was able to be done - Blackra1n or Redsn0w would do it..clearly it cant be done..is it annoying? Yes but Im still happy to be able to jailbreak and appreciate their efforts. My fear is instead of making the device the way we want it Apple has spent all their time making it harder to jailbreak it with 4.0

• Pink Panther
    Pink Panther Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I think the whole point is NOT to update with iTunes but let redsnow use the IPSW file.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Okay maybe someone can help me... I'm running jailbroken 3.0 and want to update to 3.1.2 what is the proper way to do so or is there no point to it?

• gustavohrndz
    gustavohrndz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

so you your saying that jail breaking the iphone 3GS 3.1.2 with pawnage, you can actually reboot your phone and you wont lose any of your data?

• gustavohrndz
    gustavohrndz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

yeah? but can u reboot it,without losing your data?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

ok.Now here's the Question. With either the Updated 3.1 OR 4.0 it will Not work So I'll wait until Wednesday to see what happens

• naveed
    naveed Posts: 68
    via Wordpress

Does not work on Modem Firmware 05.11.07 ???

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Sucks. I want a non tethered option for my 3GS! when oh when will someone find a better hack.

• Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

worked great for me, I Updated my iphone 3G using apple's update in itunes
    to 3.1.2. I then ran redsn0w on my mac and a minute later my phone was jailbroken and works just fine, It also gave me root access using disk aid which blackrain does not unless you run afc2add in cydia.
    GREAK WORK GUYS & THANKS!!!