RedSn0w 0.9: Cross-Platform Jailbreaking, Unlocking and Customization Tool For iPhone And iPod Touch

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageRedSn0w 0.9: Cross-Platform Jailbreaking, Unlocking and Customization Tool For iPhone And iPod Touch Now Out of Beta

iPhone Dev Team had released the beta version of Redsn0w, a cross-platform jailbreaking, unlocking and customization tool for iPhone and iPod Touch for iPhone OS 3.0 and iPhone OS 3.1.2 couple of weeks back. They have just announced that Redsn0w is out of beta and as promised, will run on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• phosphorus
    phosphorus Posts: 39
    via Wordpress

Wait, does this mean that the iPod Touch 3g has an untethered jailbreak??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

No, iPod Touch 3G is also restricted to tethered jailbreak.

• RP
    RP Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Just in time for OS 3.2... what worthless crap... Blackra1n is the way to go.

• lead
    lead Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Voids your warranty?? You can just restore the fucking thing....

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Just don't go kissing the Dev Team's ass when you find out GeoHot won't be releasing a BlackRa1n next FW. If you follow him on Twitter, you wouldn't be surprised either.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

they have to put a disclaimer on it.......

• Cindy
    Cindy Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

will the new redsn0w still not working for me it does all of the step and it will reboot but it does not stop rebooting ???????

• iralphk
    iralphk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

does this mean that i will not have to connect my 3gs everytime i reboot?

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

Nice to finally have this available. Since there's no Blackra1n for linux, I've been suffering with old firmware for awhile now. Looking forward to an upgrade.

• kimoz
    kimoz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i tried the beta version and it didnt breakjail my MC model with weeknumber 02 does this one fix that?

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

The MC serial number and reboot issue mentioned above is inaccurate. My friend has an MC serial number and he can reboot after having blackra1n without issues.

• dxs101
    dxs101 Posts: 52
    via Wordpress

What is with people asking "will this fix my tethered jailbreak... how about you actually read the article before you start asking stupid questions :)

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

Just out of a matter of interest, can anyone explain why this took so freaking long to come out? I mean, the last version of Pwnage Tool was way back in October or something. Like, seriously, how did it take them this long? It doesn't do anything really new. It doesn't make an untethered iPT3G jailbreak, it doesn't make an untethered 3GS (at least not the new ones).
    I mean I know they've got lives and such, but it just seems really odd when most other versions of redsn0w came out within a week of Pwnage Tool.
    It's just lucky that blackra1n came out or otherwise those of us on Windows would only NOW be able to update from 3.0 or whatever firmware it was at the time (and yes I know you can get a person on a mac to make a custom firmware for you, but that's not an ideal solution).

235745 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Question plz, does this mean iphone will be unlocked using this method????

• Rog
    Rog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

help!!! anyone with knowledge : i have a iphone 3g jailbroke my phone service is through t-mobile and i messed up and did the update..... now my phone is locked i cant do anything i had 3.1.2 and i have now 3.1.3 but it doesnt recognize my phone i can only make emergency calls when i turn my iphone on and that is all it let me do..i cant even use the ipod capabilitiues of the device but i read that if i have 3g i can downgrade again to 3.1.2 ???? is that true??? and if it is how ??
    thnx

• Andrea
    Andrea Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Ok..I have jail broken my iphone 3.12 with Pwnage tool 3.1.4 ...all was good...then...stupid me...I decided that I need to upgrade to 3.1.3..so I reset my iphone to the original 3.1.2 and upgraded to 3.1.3

My question is...can I use the new Pnage tool 3.1.5 to Jail Break my 3.1.3 iphone??

Thanks

• D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

hey, have a 2g 3.1.3 which is in the lock mode. on the screen i get the emergency screen only. can any one HELP......

D

• edmond6688@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

hi there, will this redsn0w 0.9 unlock iPhone 3G firmware 3.1.2, Baseband 5.12.01 and bootloader 5.09? this phone is already jailbroken and unlock until accidentally upgrade from itune and lost its unlock. Managed to downgraded as I said to 3.1.2 but can not do anything more, still locked and the phone is useless now.