iPhone 3GS Users Can't Restore to iPhone OS 3.1.2 as Apple Has Stopped Signing Firmware Files

2»

Comments

• DSG
    DSG Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
  • Future
    Future Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Dear Friends i really need your help as now i am in deep mess. my iphone crashed & now am not able to restore.

My Iphone Details :

Iphone 3GS (New Bootrom)
    Firmware : 3.1.2
    Baseband: 5.11.07
    Jailbroken/Unlocked : Blackra1n
    I don’t have the shsh file but have written down my ECID

Today i downloaded some keyboard from cydia & it asked me to reboot the device, which i did and since then i got stuck on to The Restore screen.

Methods Tried:

Redsnow 0.9.2 & 0.9.3: Gets stuck on the screen which says “downloading the jailbreak” & a something at the bottom keeps circling & later restarts n goes back to the Restore Screen.

Blackra1n : Image of that guy comes on the screen & stay there for few minutes & again restarts & goes back to the restore screen.

Pwntool 3.1.4 & 3.1.5 : after creating the custom firmware ask’s me to connect my device through USB, which i tried tried tried but it didn’t work..(I tried the DFU mode = Fail)

Itunes 9.0.4: Tried to restore by downloading the firmware from iclarified and tried doing it through the Shift Button method but i could not restore got an error msg “ iphone not eligible for this bundle” (tried to restore both in DFU mode & normal restore mode”).

Finally i tried the method of creating a localhost server thing (umbrella & tinytss) but didn’t succeed, as while restoring in itunes it gives me error msg (1601 (DFU Mode), 3001 (Normal Restore)). i get these error msges after “ verifying from apple server” but it takes about 3-4 mins before displaying the error msg.

I am really tensed , please please help me.

Thanks in advance
    Future_Rulz

• benny
    benny Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

alright mate, i want you to turn off your iphone, do it the normal way or do a soft reset until the screen turns off then release.

now hold down the home button for a few seconds, then connect it to your mac/pc by connecting the usb, and keep holding down that home button.

when you connect the iphone it should light up as per usual, then after a while, the recovery mode screen should come up. i was holding my home button the whole way through to this point until itunes prompted me with the "detected and iphone in recovery mode" message

you should then be able to hit restore and it SHOULD begin to restore your iphone with iphone os 3.1.3 or whatever apple certified os you have available

i hope that solves your problem.

• harris
    harris Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I've got the same problem(after a reboot today it stucked)I've tried the same methods as you(same iphone 3GS 07.11.05..)Did you find any solution???thank you all
    PS:I NEVER updated to 3.1.3

• T dawg
    T dawg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yo Dan, I have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs, how do you back up your files through cidia?

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

After 10 hours of going back and forth between windows 7 and snow leopard I somehow got my 3GS to downgrade to 3.1.2. Dont ask me how but I went through a series of things like getting it to downgrade but then no service or to a point where I could not get in DFU mode etc. But I know that I am once agin back to 3.1.2 jailbroken and am very happy because who can use an iphone without sbsettings LOL greatest thing about jailbreaking!!! If I can help anyone let me know.

• Moishe
    Moishe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi Will,
    well can u teach me how u did it? i have that same problem like Future, and i need help...!!!

• Isaac
    Isaac Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have exactly the same problem Moishe and Future. Has anyone figured a way to restore 3.1.2 to 3.1.2 without SHSH file?

• Hugh
    Hugh Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have an Iphone 3gs, and its already 3.1.2 and jailbroken with blackrain but the problem is that everytime my phone dies or if i turn it off completly, then my phone goes into the mode where it says connect to itunes and i have to wait till i get home and jailbreak it again then it works. CAN anybody please tell me whats wrong with it or what i can do?

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

That's normal, it's a tethered jailbreak. Don't like it? Un-jailbreak the phone.

• Boberto
    Boberto Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Congratulations Apple, you now officially suck.

First, the list;
    Apple IIe
    Powerbook 1998
    Blueberry iMac
    iBook (white, defective logic board)
    12” Powerbook
    17” Powerbook
    12” Powerbook (Wife)
    Mac Mini PPC (with wireless keyboard/mouse)
    MacBook PPC(black)
    Macbook Pro 13”
    Mac Mini intel (with wireless keyboard/mouse)
    Airport extreme base station
    ilife
    iWork
    iPod touch (kids)
    iPod touch (kids)
    iPhone (1st gen)
    iPhone (1st gen, wife)

And finally, the iPhone 3Gs. The reason why, Apple has officially jumped the shark.

Apple, in their quest for World domination, had decided that it would be a good idea to force the installed base of iPhone users into the 3.1.3 firmware. The purpose of the fw upgrade is for the sole task, of crippling jailbroken iphones. Nothing else.

If your iPhone should happen to require a reinstall of the 3.1.2 fw (as mine did), well then my friend, you’re SOL. Or are you?

My FW had to be reinstalled after I (thoughtlessly) did a “reset network settings”. The phone wouldn’t boot and needed a fw reinstallation. But when I go to do so, I find that Apple is now only signing (via iTunes) 3.1.3. So now, I must triumph over my Orwellian overlords.

I do this by bypassing Apple’s own signature server, and pointing iTunes to a different server (a more cooperative one!), at the terminal prompt, by editing the host file.

Once that was done, everything reinstalled as though Steve Jobs had given it his own personal blessing.
    So, nice job Apple. You’ve taken a completely loyal customer, (one who’s spent some serious coin) and completely alienated them against you. Now you fall into the category of suck, and all because of your stupid incestuous relationship with ATT.
    Hope it was worth it. Because now I officially hate you, AND you officially failed at trying to lock me out of my phone.

Suck it.

• Bunny
    Bunny Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Exactly the fukin same situation I'm sufferin from ..... I got ma phone like 6 days back nd now I cant even use it .... Anyone .... helpppppppppppppppppp .....

• Bunny
    via Wordpress

EXACTLY the same prob I'm stuck with .... Please Helppppp guys, experts ......

Thanks

• Bunny
    via Wordpress

I have the same prob as future ..... plz Help guys .....

• Manny
    Manny Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

If you backed up your phone on Cydia you will be able to downgrade to 3.1.2. If you have an older 3Gs iPhone then you can even downgrade your Modem Firmware.

My phone suddenly froze on me and the only thing it showed was the Apple Logo so I "Restored to factory settings." When I did so, iTunes updated my phone to 3.1.3 with the new Firmware. I thought it was over but, I remembered I backed up my phone on the Cydia server. You have to change a data file in "Notepad" (so that when you downgrade in iTunes it connects to Saurik's server not Apple's), afterwards while at the Recovery Mode screen run Quickpwn 22 so that the phone is "activated." Stop, then jailbreak using any method you want. :)

• anjuma
    anjuma Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it did not even ask me wheather i wanted to up grade or not....so i was just innocently downloading facebook on my new 3G
    it is blocked now.
    : (

• resister
    resister Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi Boberto, how did you point iTunes to a different server, and which did you use?

"I do this by bypassing Apple’s own signature server, and pointing iTunes to a different server (a more cooperative one!), at the terminal prompt, by editing the host file."

• resister
    resister Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

OK, i think i figured it out. Check out this tutorial:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2L8U8p5_TI

• Jhun
    Jhun Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

3GS can be restore to 3.1.2 if your iphone is jailbroken before the signature for 3.1.2 was gone.

• Jhun
    Jhun Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just found this in Google that this link need to put on the host.

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

this works because instead of your iTunes will connect to apple it will direct to this link to enable the restore.
    this way the SHIFT then CLICK RESTORE TO 3.1.2 is working.

• Flam
    Flam Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi i just did that from host and i put the link 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and dint work for me . dont know y? 3gs 16gb

• Noz
    Noz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi everyone
    I have iphone 3gs 3.1.3 and want to put 3.1.2 on which i have downloaded,and ,because I am new to this i am totally confused with all the different answers. My main question is can I do this without loosing any functions. Also the poxy piece of crap will only let me put one custom ringtone on, any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    Noz.

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

Same problem as many of you have - foolishly 'upgraded', jailbroke, unlocked but it will not recognize my sim card. One question: I notice several restore possibilities in ITunes - one perhaps from before the upgrade. Should I try that??

• Matty
    Matty Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

FYI I restored 3.1.2 with trouble but..

my 3.1.2 3GS bombed on me today. It was unlocked using Blackra1n (iTunes 9.0.3 on Snow Leopard) wouldn't let me restore at 3.1.2 of course. Trying to force 3.1.3 on me I noticed it has also trashed all the previous 3.1.* files so I was forced to download 3.1.2 again and keep that file safe.

Trying to reinstall it refused, so I added the line:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

to my /etc/hosts file as suggested by Saurik. Restarted the computer and yep 3.1.2 was back in business. Only issue I had was I'm in a hotel right now and I tried using McDonalds wifi and it blocked Blackrain! Lucky I found an open hotspot a few doors down and everything is back in business again.

I'm not sure what Saurik's server is doing but I had previous saved my SHSH using Cydia. So, I'm guessing this is why it worked.. but maybe not =)

Cheers.

Matty

• Asaad Saleh
    Asaad Saleh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, i have 3Gs I'm running the 3.1.2 now but i need to restore due to a network problem in my files i cant get rid of it,
    in Cydia i have the green messages saying: this device has shshs on file for iphone os: 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

i have added the ip listed in the hosts file but still can't resotre the iphone? any ideas what i'm missing?

• Per
    Per Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi, I also have a 3Gs running 3.1.2 fw jailbroken with Blackra1n on a pc. Now I need to restore due to network problems i cant seem to fix. I updated my host file with the row 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com as suggested by Saurik, restarted my computer. Restored my iphone using SHIFT - Restore worked like a charme. Many thanks to all of you who have contributed in making this possible.

• Black
    Black Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

lol i know and then they charge us double for their electronics compared to other computer companies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 3gs jailbroken while using blackra1n. I don't care to have my phone jailbroken and all I want to do is update it to 4.0 and stay un jailbroken. Can I just download the 3.1.3 firmware then hit shift and update then restore it to 4.0???

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress
    Man What the ****?