Does Apple Intend to Turn Missing iPad Apps Into Dashboard Widgets?

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDoes Apple Intend to Turn Missing iPad Apps Into Dashboard Widgets?

Did you notice that some of the native or built-in iPhone apps like Stocks, Weather, Voice Memo, Clock and Calculator are missing from iPad's big home screen? Though one possible explanation is that they were probably not ready for the big media event last week, Kevin Fox, who writes at...

Read the full story here

Comments

• jewman
    jewman Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

i personally would liek the same functionality as proswitcher in the ipad it works well on the 3gs so it must work even better on the ipad so lets see it implemented please we already know it works

• iDev
    iDev Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You can play music while doing other things on the iPhone and presumably the iPad. The iPod app runs in the background.

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Despite my negative comments on another topic about the iPad, if it could be jailbroken, I'd buy the smallest 3G one. Just to wind the wife up tho, she hates technology so I bought her a Nokia N97mini........a real twat of a phone to navigate if your a technophobe!! Haha

seriously though, the iPad is still in it's infancy, and Apples decision to release 'imperfect software' must mean that they are just testing public interest and then work on feedback to introduce the fully fledged 4.x. Remember 'copy & paste'??
    Apple are sure to be busying away on updates already, the system usually goes: pass apps for inclusion, stack up a pile of updates, disregard the useful/most needed ones (flash lol) then change the baseband/bootrom/software to ensure that
    a) they keep a stranglehold on 'their' products (mine really as I paid for it)
    b) to play cat & mouse with the Jailbreakers, hoping for the impenetrable ultimate o/s 9.x (lol)

I still can't understand why Apple doesn't just open their doors to the jailbreak community and include a 3rd party managed Cydia type arrangement, the deal being: Buy your iPhone, choose option when activating to include 'Cydia' but get a limited 'hardware only' warranty. Everything under one roof, just a Digital Signature on a disclaimer! The whole system managed via iTunes with 2 (almost) separate AppStores.
    By trying to kill Jailbreaking, can't Apple see that Devs are moving toward Android o/s? Ok, Apple see this as 'threat removal' but....Non jailbreak app devs are leaving too, leaving the end user with a choice, want free packages to customise your phone?? Go Android ( or pay the slowly rising cost of proffesional companies apps)
    all of the above, just my opinion, & yes the idea has flaws and problems (but an update to Apples Outlook could easily cure that!! )