iPhone OS 3.1.3 and iPhone OS 3.2 SDK Reveals Next Gen iPhone and iPod Touch

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 3.1.3 and iPhone OS 3.2 SDK Reveals Next Gen iPhone and iPod Touch

Engadget is reporting that iPhone OS SDK 3.1.2, which was released last week has revealed code names for the next generation iPhone. They also reporting that iPhone OS 3.1.3, which was released today to fix minor bugs includes reference to the next generation iPod Touch. Engadget is reporting that their...

Read the full story here

Comments

• tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

if new iphone will be similar to ipad then apple is dead for me

• Franky j
    Franky j Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

Same here, 100% out! If it's the same as the iPad with no mutitasking.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

Hey don't give us what we won't I won't be upgrading tired of being milked and receiving trickles of new stuff that other phones have had for a while. Next gen iPhone better blow it out of the water or my current iPhone will be the last I buy. I know they spy on websites like this so they know what we want and are looking for they jus need to make it happen. They dropped the ball on the ipad it could have been the greatest thing ever but as apple being apple they skimped on the features that we wanted and will likely putit in the next generationand by then the xompetition will have caught up

• Ur mom
    Ur mom Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I just got a iPod touch 3rd gen for Christmas, so it better not be the next iPod Touch or I won't get another apple device again!!!

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

for those that want multitasking, just jailbreak then damn thing, there are so many free and IMO reliable multitasking apps for almost any version of the iphone (just google it), it really those make the device so much better but completely and utterly destroys the battery life, streaming + download + surfing the net, at the same time :)

As for the next iphone, I don't know nor can I even speculate apple really dropped the ball and for steve jobs to call the ipad or maxipad revolutionary and as amazing as the iphone imo is just an insult to anyone who actually understands how dumb that statement is.

I hope and wish he proves me wrong apple is not perfect company they've made unsuccessful products before (apple tv anyone) but I pray that they don't f*** around with the device that has completely changed the industry and has generated so much income for them!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Apple usually releases a new version of iPhone in June and iPod Touch in September.

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

Funny, everyone always complains, but apple are doing something right. They may not give us everything we want, but if they did, how would they improve next time? Its about making money folks, its called business. Plus, apple always give us just enough to want the next generation iPhone! I've never had multi tasking or flash on my iPhone and have never missed it?! Apple seem pretty damn clever at drip feeding us if you ask me and always give us JUST enough to keep them ahead in the game! If you don't like it, don't buy it!

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

@fingers

Dude do you work for Apple? because by your statement it seems so to me, everybody here problably including yourself, don't want to keep forking money every summer for a new iphone when other phones are more advance, "if" Apple doesn't put flash and multi-tasking and a front facing camera with flash ...Hellooo N900!!

• ybt
    ybt Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Fingers has a good point. And i agree completely, everyone is talking down apple. When none of you can even begin to understand the reasons behind them not putting multitasking or anything else that we want right now on the iPad. Apple is doing what they do best, make things look amazing, and run amazing like it is. They will add stuff, that's the point. Apple isn't like other companies coming out with one version of a certain product, they have to spread it out for one, and for two they want it to be PERFECT before even thinking about releasing it. They have it all planned out, we will get the things that we want one by one. So every one just shut up. I am a big supporter of apple, I don't work for apple. But I understand exactly why they do things the way they do.

• no fingers
    no fingers Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

f u fingers! you don't belong on this site

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

well just guessing from the code names, there was a hug change in numbers from gen 1 to gen 2, and little from gen 2 to 3, so with a single digit change from 88 to 89, I'm guessing very little update hard ware wise from the current 3gs, probably same case, camera, just updated memory, and perhaps processor and ram? anybody else see what I'm seeing?

• nubs
    nubs Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I agree with you, which is why I the contract is nice to keep me from updating every year, helps spread it and and feel like im getting a big jump every 2 years.

• pat
    pat Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Your all just children.
    Honestly.
    You all just want more more more. Just be happy with what you got for a bit. It's not that hard.

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

Don't waste your money on the n900 yes I'm an apple fan but really compare the n900 with the iPhone in the flesh I have and there is no contest iPhone win hands down in every way. When I say test I mean every day stuff like contacting your mates on yahoo and them contacting you finding the nearest bank checking email Reading the news compare a product price while in a store etc iCphone less than 5 seconds to do any of that from standby.

• yooy
    yooy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

pat, you're the child... what we want is device for grown-up, which means control over our devices, no more no less.
    Whatever, there will be plenty of new devices on the market soon... bye bye Apple